Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magus questions.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I just preordered the game yesterday so I am new.

I was curious to see if the Bladebound Archetype was going to be added for the Magus or not. I think it would be cool to basically have a sword as a familiar.

Also with that, will the Dervish Dance feat be added? I know its not in any of the "Core" books (It's in the The Inner Sea World Guide) but I think it would be cool to have, especially for a dex based Magus.

I don't know if they made a decision on it, but they discussed it somewhere. Bladebound was one of the options they precieved as good for the game (being a crpg), but also the most resource-intensive ones.
    Last edited by PoohPuss; 11-18-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoohPuss View Post
    I don't know if they made a decision on it, but they discussed it somewhere. Bladebound was one of the options they precieved as good for the game (being a crpg), but also the most resource-intensive ones.
    We know that there are at least 3 Magus archetypes. We also know three of them. I do not believe bladebound is any of them.

Do you remember where the announcement of archtypes is at?
    Last edited by PoohPuss; 11-18-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    We know that there are at least 3 Magus archetypes. We also know three of them. I do not believe bladebound is any of them.
    Which 3 are they?

Quote Originally Posted by PoohPuss View Post
    Do you remember where the announcement of archtypes is at?
    If I remember right it was somewhere here:
    https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...gus-Archetypes
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Quote Originally Posted by KyoryuRed View Post
    Which 3 are they?
    I remember one was bow, one was Kensai, and the third was... well, it wasn't bladebound.
    Last edited by Stratagemini; 11-18-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    If I remember right it was somewhere here:
    https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...gus-Archetypes
    This is the one I was referring to in my first reply. As far as I can see it only contains a discussion of possible magus archetypes, no announced desicions.

Agreed; to my knowledge we (the general public) have not received a confirmed set of specific archetypes that will make it in. The magus discussion by Perpetual Nothing was great and indicated emphasis; but did not put definite results on anything.

Not considered are the plans across the entirety of classes either. In theory a suitable archetype might not make it into the game due to there already being several classes/archetypes/prestiges that cover the same ground - diversify your investments!

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    Agreed; to my knowledge we (the general public) have not received a confirmed set of specific archetypes that will make it in. The magus discussion by Perpetual Nothing was great and indicated emphasis; but did not put definite results on anything.

Not considered are the plans across the entirety of classes either. In theory a suitable archetype might not make it into the game due to there already being several classes/archetypes/prestiges that cover the same ground - diversify your investments!
    There have been a few that have been definitively included in Updates and AMAs. With the caveat that in an alpha state, everything is subject to change, we DO know many of the archetypes that are making it in.

The archetypes and features already in development are:
    Alchemist - Vivisectionist
    Barbarian - Armored Hulk, Mad Dog
    Cleric - Herald Caller, Ecclesitheurge
    Fighter - Aldori Swordlord
    Inquisitor - Sacred Huntsman
    Magus - Eldritch Archer, Sword Saint/Kensai, 3rd archetype.
    Sorcerer - Wild Bloodlines
    Wizard - Subschools

There have been additional details hinted through other channels that make me fairly certain what the 3rd magus bloodline is. All I can say though is that the majority of archetypes seem to be chosen on three bases:
    1. Do they change the class enough that it plays differently?
    2. Are they easy to program?
    3. Are they interesting and likely to get people to use them?

A combination of the 1st and 2nd points lead to a fair amount of class ability swap archetypes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast