Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reach and AOOs

I wondered a lot about how AoO could be implemented in a real time games too tbh as they're one of the core mecanics that are really important to Pathfinder. Without AoOs you could just ruch to the backline to make the life of caster really hard.
    I guess a system where an auto attack could be rolled when somebody is moving through a threatened area could be considered but as HenriHaki said, we don't know the exact technical challence they're facing.

As a similar issue I also wonder a lot how grapple rules have been (or not) implemented. The mecanic is are very well made on paper version but seems extremly hard to implement in real time without simplified them a lot.

The devs have said that only certain enemies will have "grapple" like abilities while players will not.

I for one do not shed tears about AoO's because that, grappling, and unarmed combat make Pathfinder needlessly complicated.
    I know! Start swinging! Eventually you'll lop off the head of someone important and then the good fights will REALLY start!
    -- Lilarcor

Quote Originally Posted by praguepride View Post
    The devs have said that only certain enemies will have "grapple" like abilities while players will not.

I for one do not shed tears about AoO's because that, grappling, and unarmed combat make Pathfinder needlessly complicated.
    Grapple is indeed not an easy mechanic but I still hope some other combat maneuvers will be implemented because that would make straigh martial really one trick ponies. I cannot see a Fighter with its damage only, I hope trip, disarm and sunder are still an option for them for some battlefield control.

Devs have said at least some combat maneuvers are probably in.
    I know! Start swinging! Eventually you'll lop off the head of someone important and then the good fights will REALLY start!
    -- Lilarcor

Reported the first two. It seems another one pops up each time, not sure if that's causing it.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    This is getting seriously annoying. You kill one of the damn things and three more pop up in its place.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    This is getting seriously annoying. You kill one of the damn things and three more pop up in its place.
    Like heads of Hydra.

BK, but aren't there other moderators? Or you are the only one keeping the barrier between us and the horrors of the Net?

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    One of the other owlcats usually bans those guys when I'm not around. He did it earlier today, in fact. He's gonna deploy some more safety measures when he's back in office tomorrow.

EDIT: Looks like he's already done it. No more spam for now. Whee! ♥
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    Like heads of Hydra.
    [I]Vivat Grendel![/I]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12