Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What other computer games you have backed and are waiting for?

So, what other computer games, not Pathfinder Kingmaker, you have (in kickstart or some other way) backed up and are now waiting for. Let us know, write something from the game and why you are interested from it.

- BATTLETECH
    by Harebrained Schemes LLC

I have special memories from Amiga 500 and game Mech Force what I used to play (spend 3 year playing it). Game most likely will be released 2018. I really love the world, roleplaying game, stories and so on from BattleTech. This is definetly a game I am waiting most to arrive!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ned/battletech

- Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    by Warhorse Studios

Dungeons but no dragons, medieval sandbox in europe. Small company who try to make realistic combat, medieval RPG story. I really love all what I have read and seen from this far. It should be come out most likely 2018.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...me-deliverance

- The Bards Tale IV
    by inXile entertainment

Back in Amiga 500 days I spend so many days playing these games. So mainreason is nostalgy. RPG game where before you were able to lose your limbs and still try to get on.. it was funny, odd, strange puzzles, I was not able to understand so much english back then.. ..but it was FUN. This can be terrible game or really good, will see.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-bards-tale-iv

- Thea 2: The Shattering
    by MuHa Games
    Really liked the first game. It remind me in good way from games like Civilization (yes, the board game). Slavic mythology, strange happenings. You have only one village (atleast in first game) from where you send your loyal worshippers around to study world.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-shattering

- Pillars of Eternity II - Deadfire
    Obsidian Entertainment

I liked first game, it kind of start of this "new era of RPG games in Baldur's Gate style" thing. Sure it have huge flaws but I still liked the game and spend many, many hours playing it.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire

- Umbra (PC and Linux)
    by SolarFall Games

I do like orginal Diablo, Titan Quest and that kind of games. This game is still in development and telling the truth have not played so much from it. It is under name: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem now days. So this is action RPG with kind of free character development and big world to explore.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wolcenstudio/umbra
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 11-24-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I am waiting for City of Titans, the spiritual successor to City of Heroes. A Pox on NCSoft for killing it.
    City of Heroes/City of Villains was my first MMO, and it was fantastic with how diverse characters you could make.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...city-of-titans

Also waiting for Witchmarsh. A supernatural rpg in set in the 1920's. Makes me think of Cthulhu...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...776/witchmarsh
    --
    I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Heh. Star Citizen. The eternal wait.

The only other game I've helped kickstart was Friday 13th: The Game. Which is a lot of fun to play, but doesn't really count as 'still waiting for'

•The first project I ever kickstarted was the Homestuck Adventure game. It spent five years in the development hell, and only recently was released -- a single chapter, but pretty well made. I hope there'll be another chapter, though my hope is faint here.
    Mercenary Kings -- I backed it because it had art by Paul Robertson, the beautifully insane pixel artist who, among other things, made art for Scott Pilgrim the game and arcade game characters from Gravity Falls. Unfortunately, the game was underwhelming -- his art was the only good thing about it.
    Terra Incognita -- no idea why I backed this one. A demo was released in 2015, now it's "first chapter", stuck forever in the Early Access limbo.
    Homesick -- a tiny and lovely horror game. Not much to say about it, but it delivered exactly what it promised.
    Shovel Knight -- this one doesn't need my introduction, it was a massive success. Even got its own amibo -- not bad for an indie game!
    Pulse looked like a cool idea -- a game where you play as a blind character, orienting by soundscapes. Unfortunately, the game itself was... Well... Who told the developers that for this premise the best genre would be a first-person platformer? It would work great as a stealth puzzle, but the way it is, it's barely playable. And has about an hour of content. Still pretty, though.
    A.N.N.E. -- estimated 2014, still waiting (not really).
    Armikrog. (with a dot) -- an adventure by the creators of Neverhood. Welp. The miracle didn't happen the second time.
    Our Darker Purpose -- this is one of the Steam's hidden gems, a criminally under-appreciated game. Think The Binding of Isaac, but told by Lemony Snicket.
    Sunless Sea -- another popular game that doesn't need my introduction, by the team behind Fallen London. Lose your mind, eat your crew!
    Knite & The Ghost Lights -- this one breaks my heart. A beautiful, beautiful game that is very unlikely to ever get released.
    Sunset -- I've been a fan of Tale of Tales (not to be confused with Telltale) since The Path. These are the people who created modern walking simulator. Remember the zoo from The Last of Us or the village from Uncharted 2? Naughty Dog was inspired by their work. Unfortunately, Sunset flopped, and they went out of business.
    Catlateral Damage -- a cool little game about a game who wrecks havoc at home. Fun, but nothing special.
    Woolfe - The Red Hood Diaries -- a promising game that flopped badly, leaving us a cautionary tale about feature creep killing good projects. Let me quote my favorite part: "Why on earth would we want to increase the scope of our game without increasing the budget. Ok, it is understandable that you get inspired to try new things in gameplay, you have to experiment to come up with creative ideas and solutions. I’m not saying the ideas we came up with were impossible. But changing gameplay from 2D to 3D had a major impact on overall development cost (we found out a little too late)". Amen.
    Hard West -- as a long-time fan of the Weird West genre (think Deadlands), I couldn't skip it. The game was pretty cool, but could use more enemies than Guy With Pistol and Guy With Rifle. Come on, in a horror western at least throw some zombies at the player!
    Pathologic -- a sequel to a legendary Russian game, made by our friends from Ice-Pick Lodge! If you haven't seen the original, you absolutely should (unless you value your sanity, then be careful).
    The 13th Doll: A Fan Game of The 7th Guest -- wow, I didn't even remember backing this one. Estimated 2016. Well, it isn't out yet.
    Cultist Simulator -- and another game, this time a solo project, by the creative mind behind Fallen London. This is a reent campaign, and it looks promising.
    Last edited by Thainen; 11-25-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Liege - Backed because I've wanted a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics for years. I'm just going to copy/paste this line on multiple games down the list because it's the reason I backed those games, too. Still hasn't been released. Not sure if it ever will be. Work is being done on it, though, and I knew it was a high risk project, so I've come to terms with its ridiculous production time.

The Mandate - This game looked so damn awesome. I should have known better to back it, though. The project aimed to deliver a game that sounded incredibly deep and engaging on a very limited budget. They had really low tiers to include your own NPCs, and so I backed at a little over $100. I won't ever see that money, or the game, again.

Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians - Backed because I've wanted a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics for years. Kotaku has written several articles about this game. It's been in a prolonged development hell that is honestly hilarious. The original game developer promised a rich single player experience and the first major update they delivered talked about a multiplayer alpha. Backers were not amused. Eventually the original creators handed over the production to another game studio. They seem to be trying to right the ship. I wish them luck, but they've got a lot of work ahead of them.

Hero-U - A KS project created by the people responsible for the Quest for Glory series, which is one of my all-time favorites. I could honestly write 5,000 words on why I backed this project and delve into the importance of those games to me. Instead I'll just say that Quest for Glory 4 was the first game that made me go "Oh wow. This is a work of art." The game's delivery is pretty damn late, but I have hope that it'll finally be released next year.

The Bards Tale IV - Backed this before inXile got on my bad side for how they mishandled Torment: Tides of Numenera. I won't back anything they put out ever again. Don't really care if it ever gets released, either.

Shenmue 3 - I played Shenmue 2 waaaaay back when and it was fun. Thought a sequel by the original game creator would be worth playing.

Battletech - Of all the games on this list, this is the one I'm most excited to play. 1) My love for Harebrained Studios has already been professed. They make quality games. 2) Battletech with RPG elements sounds like a total blast to play. I'm really hyped for this game!

Arcadian Atlas - Backed because I've wanted a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics for years. But unlike all the other games I backed for this reason, I actually think this game has a chance to *be* that game. If I had it to do over again I would have backed it with more money because I love the direction the game is going.

System Shock - I honestly don't remember why I backed this game. I think it was because the original System Shock was apparently amazing and I figured I'd try an updated version of it? Maybe I was drinking when I clicked to pledge...

Missing: The Complete Saga - A game about human trafficking. I honestly don't think I'll ever actually be able to bring myself to play it, but I just think anything that raises awareness about the prevalence of human trafficking is something worthy of support. Video games can be art, and they can be meaningful. This was more of a donation to a worthy cause than a pledge to get a game I wanted to play.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    I used to be a freelance games critic and being a freelance anything means it's a miracle if you can at least afford to pay rent. I rarely ever had the money to back any game in their crowdfunding stages, except a handful - Warframe, Brawlhalla and Path of Exile. I don't regret those. The most recent one I've dumped some money on is Wolcen. Looks promising, but it's still in a very early stage.

I'm tempted by Star Citizen, but... I dunno. They've made enough money to build a function real-life spaceport by now. The videos look nice and all, but I'm in my 30s now. Stress and KFC may stop me from living long enough to ever see a full release.
    http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

Star Citizen is having a sale right now, and it look like the Starter Packages will be on sale on December 1st. That being said, I think it's now $60 (non-sale price) to get the game and the single player campaign.

You know... or you could drop £700 on one of the bigger virtual ships. Then both problems are solved; you can play Star Citizen Alpha, and you can't afford KFC.
    Last edited by Grifta; 11-27-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Problem solving

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    I'm just worried that by the time Star Citizen will finally launch I could just go to space for real. But that sale does sound tempting. Thanks for letting me know!
    http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

To be fair, if I had just invested the $30 I originally paid back in 2012, then I'd probably have more than $60 now.

Looking at my Kick Starter history now.
    Aquanox Deep Descent looks like it will be good. 3rd in the series of mission-based descent style game. Sea levels rose, earth is covered in water, humans all have awesome attack subs.

And, oh god, Pathfinder Online (sorry for mentioning this travesty). Basically I just spent $35 for Emerald Spire, which was actually a pretty good dungeon crawl when I ran it (Alas, poor Godhome).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast