Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Spells Thread

Might as well have a thread for all the character options. :)

They will likely include all of the iconic D&D spells from the PHB that make sense in a CRPG, but what about spells from elsewhere in Pathfinder?

What are some of your favorite spells, or spells that you think are very important for various character builds?

Instant Enemy: One of the best things Pathfinder has done for rangers. Makes Favored Enemy potentially useful against any enemy.

Frostbite: The best touch spell in Pathfinder. They can make it just do normal damage. Super good for the Magus and shapechangy Druids (and their companions).

Virtuoso Performance: Important for Bards to enable them to use more of their songs. Generally you will only use Inspire Courage without this. Its good to be able to pick a second song to use.

Explosion of Rot: Not all that defining, but Druids are pretty short on good attack spells and this is a great new addition to their roster.

Infernal Healing: Maybe a controversial choice, but would allow Arcanes to get some low level healing in between fights just in case the companion Cleric doesn't join too soon.
    Last edited by Darksavant; 08-05-2017 at 08:52 PM.

My two main picks would have to be:
    Burst of Radiance and Blessing of Fervor

These two spells, while not in the CRB, are to me the most iconic spells that should be for Clerics.

I really enjoy both Ant Haul and Dancing Lantern for general ease of life, but also think a floating lantern following you around is pretty badass. :P

Air Bubble can be good, but I'm not sure how useful it might be in this game. All of the "Communal" spells are worth considering.

Lesser Animate Dead to help throw Necromancers a bone at low level.

It's very unlikely, but at higher levels, the Create Demiplane spells would be amazing!!!

Possible the Know Your Enemy spell, especially if it helps with the extra dialogue options being hinted at.

Murderous Command, but more importantly Liberating Command is almost a must have.

I've always really liked Bloodhound, but not sure how useful it will be in the game.

I expect most Druids and Rangers will want the Aspect of the ____ spells.

Spear of Purity, and it's other Alignment brothers and sisters (Arrow of Law, Dread Bolt, and Shard of Chaos) are ok options before Holy Smite, (and it's brothers and sisters) become available for a Blasty Caster Cleric type.

I really hope they include some of the later options for paladins, like the taunt spells.

Unnatural lust ::Did the envoy upset you ? Cast this spell on Nok-Nok and make them see why offending his grace is a terrible idea.

Black Tentacles.

Everybody loves tentacles!

Is this the right place to ask if there will be a summon spell to summon a Balor or something similar?
    I feel like a boss summoning him in Never Winter Nights! :)
    "Go my servant, destroy these miserable insets that stand in my way!"

Or at least like the Dremora lord "I will honor my lord, by destroying you!"
    Last edited by Ztron5; 08-01-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztron5 View Post
    Is this the right place to ask if there will be a summon spell to summon a Balor or something similar?
    I feel like a boss summoning him in Never Winter Nights! :)
    "Go my servant, destroy these miserable insets that stand in my way!"

Or at least like the Dremora lord "I will honor my lord, by destroying you!"
    Summon Monster is in the game but Summon Monster IX caps out at ~14 CRish so Nalfeshnee is the highest you can get demon-wise with Summons. Greater Planar Binding would allow up to a Marilith but at 18HD cap unless there's a way to boost that you won't hit the Balor's 20HD. Might be a feat to boost that though...
    I know! Start swinging! Eventually you'll lop off the head of someone important and then the good fights will REALLY start!
    -- Lilarcor

Quote Originally Posted by praguepride View Post
    Summon Monster is in the game but Summon Monster IX caps out at ~14 CRish so Nalfeshnee is the highest you can get demon-wise with Summons. Greater Planar Binding would allow up to a Marilith but at 18HD cap unless there's a way to boost that you won't hit the Balor's 20HD. Might be a feat to boost that though...
    Thank you for the explanation, friend! I am new to pathfinder, but I'm loving it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast