Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I dunno about Godhood, but an expansion pack with the Mythic rules could be a fun ride.

If the wizard discovery for immortality @ 20th level,that would be immortality of a sort. Another interesting way to end the game would be have a rival faction offer sun-orchid elixir for you to abdicate the throne to a person of their choice preferably someone you hate.Immortality if only you give up your kingdom and your people forever.

I backed Kingmaker to be able to play Kingmaker. This is exactly the type of thing I don't want to see in the game.

But now you got me wanting to do a BG2 repeat again...

I also agree that while it would be nice to see in some game, Kingmaker is the wrong AP for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc1911 View Post
    I also agree that while it would be nice to see in some game, Kingmaker is the wrong AP for it.
    Agreed. My suggestion was kind of a secret end that during the years, you accumulate enough knowledge that you can ascend, leaving behind an avatar or a trusted minion to rule your kingdom in your name as your servants worship you.

I love secret and hard-to-find but rewarding endings. And as i said, i hope more games can be made and the protagonist will be different in every one.
    In this game: A king, in the next: A god, in the third one: an explorer, and so on.

The lore of Pathfinder is vast, and i, in particular, love the writing of Chris Avellone, and this team also seems very capable to carry on with more awesome games even without him.

The blood of RPGs is change and innovation, playing as a king every single time will be boring. The same goes with bioware rpgs that you are ALWAYS the hero trying to save the world.

I hope that one day, a company create an rpg with story rich world and companions, but similar at the same time with Black and White series.

Cayden took the test of the Starstone after a drunken dare. He knows that's how it happened, he just doesn't remember anything about it.

Count me as another who doesn't want ascended player characters. One of my favorite parts of Golarion lore is the gods and how their relationships and arenas work together. I'd prefer that be explored as it stands rather than changing it.

I actually do want an Option for an ascended player character. Nok-Nok sincerely believes he's gonna become a God. I want an option to Send him off to the test of the Starstone. Both upon originally meeting him (thus basically declining him as a companion) and after the end of the game. With his epilogue reflecting that he went to take the test (in both cases, though with hopefully different results). And of course I want an Option for Nok-Nok NOT to take the test of the Starstone as well.

I support Nok-Nok ascending but not the PC. BG was 3 games devoted to attaining godhood. Anything like that in this game would be so shorehorned in as to cheapen the results. Hard pass from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztron5 View Post
    I love secret and hard-to-find but rewarding endings. And as i said, i hope more games can be made and the protagonist will be different in every one.
    In this game: A king, in the next: A god, in the third one: an explorer, and so on.
    You mean, like the endings in the Sid Meier's Pirates!? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ztron5 View Post
    I was thinking (I blame ES4: Oblivion for that) that it will be a cool idea if the players where given a chance to ascend into divinity at the end of the game or even before that.

IRL i know that I'm going to die some day, but in games i like my protagonists to be in a everlasting glory.
    Well, to each his own.

I prefer when a character can die or, even better, purposely sacrificy himself in the end.
    What is self sacrifice if not the very epitome of heroism?
    Finishing hero's life at it's highest point is much more fitting, than stretching it over some vague "happy ever after".

For example, death of Warden in the end of DA:O is the best possible final, im my book, especially considering what they'd done to the rest of the series.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast