Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Races Thread

From Stratagemini post: "-The next (currently unmet) stretch goal is a new race, chosen by Backers from among 3 options that "best fit the Kingmaker setting." This goal is set at $1 million. The money from pre-orders and slacker backers will go towards making this goal a reality."

If pre-orders bring them to this stretch goal, what extra race would you want to see?

My vote goes to Ghoran

1/day goodberry, Ghorus Seed (clone-ish), Plant creature traits (screw sleeping!), awesome immunities, +2 natural armor, and of course..... GROOT!

Ratfolk are the sweetest shorties and thus get my vote. But any other anthropomorphic race gets my seal of approval as well. :)

However, what I really don't wish to see is reskinned versions of already implemented races. Like Pathfinder's planetouched. Or worse: drow. Let's have something worthy of creating new race models, shall we?

So when l take a look at the graphic for the New Race stretch goal, I think I can make out two of the three options. Possibly all three.

The one on the left is probably a dhamphir. I'm totally getting the Vampire Hunter D vibe off of it. Very cool. Also my personal choice for a custom race should we ever get an option to vote on it.

The middle one appears to be catfolk. Such a great looking silhouette. Cheers to the artist for that one.

The one on the right's a littler harder for me. But it appears to have horns so I want to guess tiefling. The problem is, I was under the impression getting tiefling might not be an option because of D&D rights issues. So I'm not very sure what this race is. Thoughts?

For me, the central one may be a changeling or a skinwalker. LOL.

i want samsaran

Nearby lands include Numeria (androids, ratfolk), the River Kingdoms (ratfolk, again), Iboria (centaurs, not happening!), Ustalav (dhampirs), the Worldwound / Mendev (tieflings, aasimars), etc.

There's a part of me that suspects that androids might be a little too 'woo-hoo' for classic fantasy fans.

Ratfolk, on the other hand, fit thematically, and scratch that anthro itch, for fans of those.

My favorite races are either not PC races, generally, like gnolls and lizardfolk, or completely out there and not likely to ever appear in the Stolen Lands, like reptoids, so I'll stick to races that would fit the area and not my crazy crack-dreams. :)

I'll probably play humans anyway. If I wanted to play a dwarf, elf, half-elf, half-orc, gnome or Halfling, I'd want to play one that is hoping to establish a homeland for their race in the Stolen Lands, and since the vast majority of Companion choices will not reflect that race, and the vast majority of the NPCs I'll be talking to will also not reflect that choice, there's little reason to row against that current. (There would have to be some sort of setting, a 'dwarf-button' that turns 50+% of the NPCs in the kingdom and Companions in my party into dwarves, for example, because my kingdom is supposed to be dwarf-topia. Since that's obviously not going to happen, and would be ridiculous to even expect, I'll probably just stick to human, rather than be annoyed by all the not-dwarf NPCs in my dwarf-topia and not-dwarf Companions in my party.)

I'd love to be proven wrong but I wouldn't get your hopes up. While pre-orders may continue to trickle in at some point the devs have to draw the line in order to properly plan out development and builds and I would be very surprised if the pre-orders offset the kickstarter fee/dropped backer donations, let alone were able to cover a $90k gap. That being said: dhampir, ratfolk, catfolk with dhampir getting my ultimate vote.
    I know! Start swinging! Eventually you'll lop off the head of someone important and then the good fights will REALLY start!
    -- Lilarcor

I don't think it's very likely we'll hit this stretch goal, but it's fun to consider regardless. I'm just starting a new tabletop Pathfinder game with a dhampir gunslinger, though, so I get my dhampir one way or another. :)

I would love to see a reptile-kind race. The lizardfolk might be too difficult to portrait into the game, but nagaji are a more civilized option. Something reptile definitely.
    [B][url="http://paizo.com/people/GMRutseg"]Rutseg[/url][/B]
    [url]http://paizo.com/people/Balacertar[/url] | [url]http://www.rlmud.org[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    so I get my dhampir one way or another. :)
    Glad I didn't...dhampin the mood!

I'll see myself out...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast