Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How you find Pathfinder: Kingmaker and why did you start supporting it?

How you find Pathfinder: Kingmaker and why did you start supporting it?

I personally was looking kickstart page and used "Pathfinder" as keyword trying to find new module or so to get (and support).
    When I find out that this is computer game I did hesitate a bit but read more from it.

- Chris Avellone
    - Pathfinder as rulesystem
    - Kingmaker as 100% ready adventure path and module (+ some extra, still getting "OK" sign from Paizo)

Allso many little things what I hope will make some changes in way the games usually are done and hopefully they make something better like:

- Camping and cooking = for my eyes this MIGHT be more natural way of your companions to interact with you. Atleast I get more of iritation when let's say your druid / ranger PC is in the woods and you as a player try to enjoy nature, scenery, sound of forest.. ..and NPC start babling telling you things like how it is itching, too hot, they do not like armor and there is no way for you to make them quiet. Or when you enter "generic" dungeon like dozens of dungeons before and someone of them start telling: it is bit dark, it might be good idea to light a torch we all are not elf/dwarf (when you have none in your party). Or start telling how this dungeon is dwarf made.. how do they know it? Why I can not see any difference? Where are little skeletons with they pickaxes or dwarf runes or paintings in the wall? How come these NPC are allways so damn clever and know things we players do not? :)
    Not to mention how often they argument and fight against each other. Why they have to do it during adventure time? In darkest dungeon or forest scaring all these animals and telling enemies nearby that we are coming? Now maybe finally they come and talk to me (and each other) in camp where we have time for it and I actually expect it.

- Around 100 hour of gametime (40+40+maybe 10)
    - Kingdom to build and it should change and shape based on your decicions and aligment
    - Politics, more then hack & slash (let's face it, in higher level it get quite boring quite fast)
    - Atleast 5 year of "game time"
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 08-04-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

When you pre-order a game you're just committing to paying for something some *******s in California haven't finished working on yet. You know what you get for pre-ordering a game? A big******in your mouth.(c) Eric Cartman
    Last edited by Red Ivan; 08-04-2017 at 09:15 PM.

I found the Kickstarter by following an external link; I don't remember where.

I decided to support the game because the developers seemed passionate about sticking to the Pathfinder ruleset. I was pretty bummed about the Real Time with Pause decision, but not enough to complain about it. The development thread about the thought processes behind the magus' archetype designs has done a lot to assure me that the developers' priorities are well in order.

August 2018 can't come fast enough for me.

Kicktraq. Kingmaker was on the hot list for almost the entire time.

I run Pathfinder for a tabletop group. One of the players kicked over a link to the kickstarter page that he'd found literally a day before the close-out. I poked around long enough to see that it A: looked a lot like a Baldur's Gate take on Pathfinder (and for an Adventure Path I've always wanted to play but never got the chance to) and B: Would adhere closely to the Pathfinder rules an I was sold.

One of the main problems I had with Pillars of Eternity was that they felt they had to throw their own system in for combat, and I just have a hard time making it work. The people involved with Kingmaker and the thoughtfulness I've seen from the developers so far, combined with the cooperation with Paizo really makes me hopeful for an outstanding product. I haven't been this excited about a game coming out for a long time.

I found it actually before the kickstarter even launched. Some gaming site had information on it from E3 and I began to hyperventilate like an overexcited puppy, scouring the inter-webs for any information on it.
    [I]Vivat Grendel![/I]

facebook of all things haha. the kickstarter ad popped up in my feed and looked interesting so i gave it a once over. then gave it about 17 more "once overs" because i'm a tight-wad, especially with games i've never played/heard of before and was impressed enough to gamble on it. looks like it'll pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by chirishman343 View Post
    facebook of all things haha. the kickstarter ad popped up in my feed and looked interesting so i gave it a once over. then gave it about 17 more "once overs" because i'm a tight-wad, especially with games i've never played/heard of before and was impressed enough to gamble on it. looks like it'll pay off.
    Hah, same thing here. Targeted ads worked well.

PC GAMER site.
    I was searching for a new game that could interest me, and then i saw a page saying that Chris Avellone was in another project.
    It was enough for me. :)

I browse the 'Games' section of Kickstarter about once a month or so just in case I see something that catches my eye. When I saw this game I was intrigued because I'm a fan of both Pathfinder and Chris Avellone. The main reason I decided to back it was that the vertical slice looked so polished and that I personally feel there has not been a true spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast