Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar

Custom Party Update!

Hey guys!

Some of you, myself included, would love to see the possibility to create an entire party of adventurers from scratch. While a lot of love and care is going into the creation of the companion characters and their dialogue and story, some feel that it would be a missed opportunity if players are completely unable to create their very own party, especially after the unlocked archetypes will create so many possibilities to do exactly that.

I've brought this up with the devs on numerous occasions and so far the official stance has been, "maybe, if enough people want it." Well, I've just received a message from the team and we've now officially moved from "maybe" to "most probably".

Our official answer is that we strongly feel that this option will spoil the game experience - considering the focus on companions - but we - most probably! - will allow it with some restriction. A specific restriction is TBD. It might be that this option will be available after the first playthrough.
    I reckon this is relevant to some of you. :)
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Hey guys!

Some of you, myself included, would love to see the possibility to create an entire party of adventurers from scratch. While a lot of love and care is going into the creation of the companion characters and their dialogue and story, some feel that it would be a missed opportunity if players are completely unable to create their very own party, especially after the unlocked archetypes will create so many possibilities to do exactly that.

I've brought this up with the devs on numerous occasions and so far the official stance has been, "maybe, if enough people want it." Well, I've just received a message from the team and we've now officially moved from "maybe" to "most probably".

I reckon this is relevant to some of you. :)
    You and the Devs rock. While I will definitely use the primary companions for a couple play throughs, once I've played two to three of the companions I will totally build custom companions.
    [I]Vivat Grendel![/I]

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    You and the Devs rock. While I will definitely use the primary companions for a couple play throughs, once I've played two to three of the companions I will totally build custom companions.
    Thank you! ♥
    And yes, that's exactly how I'm gonna do it. I want to get to know all the pre-made companions and experience their storylines, but with all these classes and archetypes we're getting, I'm reeeeeally itching to create my very own party in a later playthrough! :D
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

I'm not really into creating custom parties. But I certainly could see that a King/Viscount/Count/Baron/ect. would be able to enlist soldiers temporarly for special tasks. Such as guard duties when the protagonist travels from their castle to another noble's estate. He or she being the big VIP of the kingdom after all.

For restrictions, I could image common soldiers being locked into a low level range. And royal guards being the creme de la' creme, but they can only be used for guarding the castle. Making them only really useful if the inner palace is directly being attacked.

These are the thinks I can immedially think of for immersionally tying custom NPC's into Pathfinder: Kingmaker. And without having to fear that players replace the "core NPC's" with their own creations in the long run.
    Last edited by Kamigoroshi; 08-07-2017 at 06:12 PM.

This seems like a great compromise. I personally can't wait to meet all of the companions, but I'm sure on maybe the third or forth play through it would be fun to have 1 or 2 custom characters along for the ride. The most important thing is the devs are sticking to what makes for the best gameplay experience.

Having a single custom NPC in addition to the protagonist sounds like a fairly solid idea for a lot of playthroughs. It means you get to cover a role or experience a class without having to have them as the Baron or take the same NPCs over and over. Having a Druid or Sorcerer (I don't think that either class has a confirmed NPC so far) as a custom NPC could make a lot of other party combos work.

Holy Sh*t!!!! So many possibilities NOW!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Thank you so much for this!

Sometimes i really feel frustrated that i have to kiss the ass of my companions to not be alone in the world.
    For example, dragon age inquisition. I am the f*cking inquisitor! If i don't have any "friends" with me because they don't agree with my choices, then i recruit the average soldier or demand that my organization train an elite unit for me, so i can travel with them.

Now i don't have to worry about my choices when it comes to be alone because a companion left, NO BOOTY LIKING! HA! I shall have an elite unit of unwavering loyalty to me!

This is great!

Thanks Owlcat!

Awesome!

This is CRAZY cool.

It'll give the game a TON of replayability.

Shout out to the deveolopers for listening!

Amazing news - thanks BK and the devs!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast