Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think it would cost money, as it would probably be like hiring an adventurer.
    What do you call a dragon who ate a bunch of adventurers? A party-pooper!
    If you Awaken a chicken, is it speaking fowl language?
    What do you say when a treefolk betrays you? Tree-son!

Quote Originally Posted by ForestDew View Post
    I think it would cost money, as it would probably be like hiring an adventurer.
    Yeah, like pillars of eternity or the mercenaries in Skyrim.

So kind of like the Leadership feat?

As echoed above, I for one love pre-crafted NPC companions however in PoE, for example, it is common practice to create a custom NPC to help carry you through the first Act when you are missing so many of them.

I feel better about smaller numbers of companion choices and "later" acquisition of them if I have the ability to round out my party with *ahem* disposable bodies I can throw at monsters over and over again.

Like this bard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ohk5Swy-04
    I know! Start swinging! Eventually you'll lop off the head of someone important and then the good fights will REALLY start!
    -- Lilarcor

Yeeeeaaaaawwws. Let the theory-crafting flow through you. Embrace it. ;)

I thoroughly approve of this. I love companions for NWN games (and those of similar style) but eventually the premade companions get a bit old. Like Tomi Undergallows in NWN1. You either had to be a rogue or bring him pretty much every campaign just because of the sheer number of traps. It would have been nice to design another rogue to have in your party if you didn't want to be one.

I also like this idea for replayability. Will stick to the provided NPCs for the first few games.

I think it will be good to fully custom the companion... if you met (for example) Ovctavia at lv 5, you can choose every feat, school power and spells from lv1 to lv 5

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcy View Post
    I think it will be good to fully custom the companion... if you met (for example) Ovctavia at lv 5, you can choose every feat, school power and spells from lv1 to lv 5
    Probably not gonna happen, though, if I'm informed correctly. As it stands right now, if you met her at level 5, then the classes, feats, spells and so on and so forth would already be set for these levels and you only get to freely customize her going forward, excluding whatever levels and such she already came with.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Thank you very much. I know it's a hard compromise to do, giving all the time you spent on writing such great companions, but in this way we can have best of both world :)
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast