Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't suppose any of the custom companions can be owlkittens?

Our official answer is that we strongly feel that this option will spoil the game experience - considering the focus on companions - but we - most probably! - will allow it with some restriction. A specific restriction is TBD. It might be that this option will be available after the first playthrough.
    A compromise might be to keep the companions and their names and dialogue, but allow for customization within a range that seems to fit that particular NPC. Jubilost could be an alchemist, sorcerer, cleric or wizard, for instance (someone who hangs back and throws stuff), Amiri could be a barbarian, fighter or ranger (someone who charges in there and smashes stuff), the wizard/rogue could be an alchemist or sorcerer or magus or inquisitor (someone who combines spellcasting with some other talent), all depending on choices you make when you meet them, so they could keep the companion, with only a few tweaks to their dialogue and appearance, and yet a player could still have a party at least slightly more customized.

While I'd love total customization, so I could have a party composed of a single race (at least, a Halfling kingdom of our own!), this might be an easier solution.
    Last edited by Set; 08-09-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    A compromise might be to keep the companions and their names and dialogue, but allow for customization within a range that seems to fit that particular NPC. Jubilost could be an alchemist, sorcerer, cleric or wizard, for instance (someone who hangs back and throws stuff), Amiri could be a barbarian, fighter or ranger (someone who charges in there and smashes stuff), the wizard/rogue could be an alchemist or sorcerer or magus or inquisitor (someone who combines spellcasting with some other talent), all depending on choices you make when you meet them, so they could keep the companion, with only a few tweaks to their dialogue and appearance, and yet a player could still have a party at least slightly more customized.

While I'd love total customization, so I could have a party composed of a single race (at least, a Halfling kingdom of our own!), this might be an easier solution.
    I like this idea as a compromise. I'm not a programmer, but I feel like stats are one of the easiest things to change about an NPC. The art, dialogue, personality, impact on story could be similar but you'd have more flexibility in how your party works mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post

I think there might be an amount of this already, given how the pathfinder system works. We have been told that once we obtain an NPC we have completele control over how they level up. So you might get Jubilost as a level 5 Alchemist, but you could level him as a mage from then on. Yes, this naturally has limitations and relies strongly on the attributes of existing party members, but it is already there. Personally I'm hoping that some of the early melee party members (Valerie etc) have acceptable wisdom or charisma so they can be multiclassed to a cleric, duid or paladin early on.

I've compiled a little list of the Companion stats from the Alpha videos released so far in a different thread. There are a couple of companions who might be acceptable in different roles based on their stats.

Octavia has high Dex and Int, so could either continue as an Arcane Trickster, go straight Wizard or alternatively be a decent Alchemist.
    Jubilost has high Int, so could be levelled beyond 5 as a Wizard, but would take a long time to get high level spells.
    Valerie is reasonable Charisma (15) and is Lawful Neutral. Unless there is a way to shift her alignment she can't be switched to Paladin, but could be levelled as a fighty Bard. That might be a decent option if the Baron character is a defensive Tanky build.

It is early to make any judgments though. Given what we know of Valerie's backstory, a redemption and path toward Paladinhood could be part of the story for example.

I created an account just to post yes in here! I love custom characters.. It's the only way I really feel invested in my guys!

Maybe even just an option to restat the iconics ;)

There might be an IP/licensing conflict with letting people change the iconics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123