Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Feature's You'd love to see?

So what feature's that haven't been confrirmed do you hope get implemented?

Taverns selling food and drinks: Never understood why all inns and such of oldschool cRPG's sold only ales, beers and wines. Their patrons would have died from hunger a long time ago.

Also, my characters demand to have useable toilets ingame! With extra soft papers worthy of an king's arse. Not everyone wants to use the nearest underbrush for their business.

Last but not least: baths! Just the mere thought of having an aspiring king who for over 5 years doesn't wash himself....*urgh*

One of Mine would be eventual support for gestalt characters, and at the very least support for dual caster progression for PrCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
    Also, my characters demand to have useable toilets ingame! With extra soft papers worthy of an king's arse. Not everyone wants to use the nearest underbrush for their business.

Last but not least: baths! Just the mere thought of having an aspiring king who for over 5 years doesn't wash himself....*urgh*
    Baths sound a little too PG-13/R for my tastes. I've seen cartoon nekkidity in Age of Conan, and it's not terribly thrilling.

Privies that you can click on, and are always occupied by someone who gets increasingly irritable the more you click on the same privy door in the same scene could be amusing, 'though.

As for features I'd like to see;

I'll be likely playing a Cleric. I'd like to see some option to convert NPCs to my PCs faith, through extended interaction / diplomacy checks / doing missions for them.

I'm also likely to be the sort of ruler who wants to be loved by the people (not bow-chicka-wow-wow 'loved' although that could also be an option, if I play a Cleric of Calistria...). I'd like social / diplomacy options to sway opinions, both on a personal NPC level, and on a crowd of unruly peasants level, and on a broader kingdom-wide level. A mere 'diplomacy check' shouldn't be the deciding factor here, and I'm fine with having to do some missions to earn the trust, love, respect, whatever of the people (and would actually prefer that, to a 'oh, you rolled crap on this one single roll you got to modify this NPC's reactions, and now they will *never* like you'). I'm not at all a fan of an entire game getting wrecked by a bad roll on some NPC reaction (or an entire faction or group being gated off behind a reaction/social check you can easily fail, locking out that entire bit of content).

I'm fine with it not being *easy* (lord knows I've ground faction in enough MMOs...), but I'd hate to find out that I can never ally with the kobolds (or centaurs, or boggards, or whatever) because I blew a single roll when I first met them, and they will only ever be enemies from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    Baths sound a little too PG-13/R for my tastes. I've seen cartoon nekkidity in Age of Conan, and it's not terribly thrilling.
    How about auto equipping a nice royal bathrobe and royal bathing cap crown when entering the royal bathtub? No nekkidity required. Also, we could utilize an Miniature Giant Akiton the Red Rubberduck!

Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    Privies that you can click on, and are always occupied by someone who gets increasingly irritable the more you click on the same privy door in the same scene could be amusing, 'though.
    XD

- I would love to see change to have "forced" or more like arranged marriages. To make your kingdom grow larger you have a change to marry someone who then would add something to the game allso (after all that person, unless you manage to assasin him/her, would literally rule when you are not around and you would rule together when you are around). Not to mention that most likely where ever you or that person move (most likely that person would move to your kingdom / place where you live but all is possible) there would be plenty of other people who would move with allso. So many new faces around and we would have totally different kind of things going on...

That would open up interesting things like: if you are really in love with someone else, or want to have real relationship, what will happen if that person you are married find out (and tell all these people who have moved with that person to live in same palace/city or so where you are)?

- Allso you are most likely to become ruler of your own land / empire. I would REALLY love to see this last bit longer then 5 year.

That would make it possible to have children, who might end up having rivalries and fight quite hard to become next ruler after you (even trying to assasinate you). If you add up few spouses (not at same time) and maybe some bastards (children with you and someone else but in secret, without marriage) things might become REALLY interesting :)

So these are 2 things what first come to my mind. Plenty of change for roleplay and something what I have not seen in crpg much if ever!

Edit: naturally you might want to marry some of your chidren with ruler families around you.. ..and that way we might even end up having full lenght DLC! (Because, let's face it, level 20 game IS boring but change to roll another character and play your own child facing his/her parent decicions in some country nearby.. ..THAT might be really interesting and atleast I would pay more then happily another 40$ from it! Not to mention lesser price like 25-30$ or so)
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 08-08-2017 at 09:25 AM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    - I would love to see change to have "forced" or more like arranged marriages.
    Welcome to the club. Now we're four, including Chris Avellone himself. :)

Generally speaking, I don't like 'pick this or this' options that don't have at least a secret way of getting both. For example, in one of the videos you have to pick how you want to deploy your limited guardsmen to protect various aspects of the community. I would like the option of at least hardening one or two of those (like the cities) so that even if you don't deploy the guards there the damage that random encounters can do is limited. Or possibly somewhere in the first period of time while exploring you could collapse a bridge that later turns out to be an invasion corridor, or any number of options that could influence things down the road.

Again, I'm not saying that it should be easy, or obvious, but the possibility should be there to get better options on some of those decisions based on previous actions and decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc1911 View Post
    Generally speaking, I don't like 'pick this or this' options that don't have at least a secret way of getting both. For example, in one of the videos you have to pick how you want to deploy your limited guardsmen to protect various aspects of the community. I would like the option of at least hardening one or two of those (like the cities) so that even if you don't deploy the guards there the damage that random encounters can do is limited. Or possibly somewhere in the first period of time while exploring you could collapse a bridge that later turns out to be an invasion corridor, or any number of options that could influence things down the road.

Again, I'm not saying that it should be easy, or obvious, but the possibility should be there to get better options on some of those decisions based on previous actions and decisions.
    i would like to take this further and have your previous allocation of resources determine the outcome (or provide more options for dealing with) various kingdom events. like if you choose to settle areas with fertile land and access to freshwater, you can weather droughts easily. or if you dump alot of money into hiring many guardsmen or a large army, you can deal with bandits or rebels easier. or invest in an elite army that can be spread more thinly and still handle problems.

instead of previous decisions alone, things you decide as a leader (buildings you construct, lands you hold, ect.) also factor into your ability to deal with problems. if you settle in some inhospitable desert, you shouldn't be shocked that you can't deal with a drought.... unless you make heavy concessions to another nation or faction.

I would like the world to be reactive to the main character's class. If you're playing a Druid then certain Sylvan creatures should react more positively towards you. It's fun when NPCs reference my skills.

There's an old Sega Shadowrun game I still love. When my character's reputation was high enough the NPCs reacted accordingly. That was huge for me because of how reactive it felt.

I'm sure the game will react to us being rulers, but referencing our race, class, skills, and deeds will make the world feel more real. So far I'm not sure how in depth Owlcat is going to dial up such emersion.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast