Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    There are rules for retraining (time, cost) already on the Pathfinder rules so maybe those could be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc1911 View Post
    I don't want to worry about having to level up my companions separately. If I leave some out for a few missions, I don't want them to become useless.
    I don't think that is an unmanageable issue. If nothing else, all companions can just have a minimum level at any given chapter of the story.

I did find swapping party members in Pillars of Eternity to be problematic because of the way they auto-levelled without you. Sometimes the choices they made were less than optimal. So some sort of ability to choose their upgrade path would be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezeegriff View Post
    I did find swapping party members in Pillars of Eternity to be problematic because of the way they auto-levelled without you. Sometimes the choices they made were less than optimal. So some sort of ability to choose their upgrade path would be handy.
    It is confirmed (I think?) that you CAN plan your character career from level 1 to level 20. All abilities, class changes, PRC's and so on. Meaning that if you spend time for it during start when your PC level up during game you have to do nothing and it all happen "automatic" based on your choice from start. OR you can do it old way and do it when you level up every time.

It would not be THAT hard to apply that for NPC's (meaning companions who you allready have in "pool" to choose as party members, not every single NPC you encounter during game monsters included).

I guess developpers might ask this / give us a hint if that is possible? After all most players (this is single player game) would atleast consider option that they might know better then computer how to make "best" or "most usefull for this party" level plans and leveling up for companions.

So question is: if you can choose your PC career pretty much when you roll dice or atleast lvl 1 to get all up to level 20 including all abilities, skills and so on can you do same for your companions when you get them in your party. (After all I strongly believe it would spoil much from story to first time atleast if we get every possible companion name before game really even start and can plan his/her/it from level 1 to 20 multiple hours before we even encounter that [possible] companion)
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Based on the known features thread from Stratagemini
    -You can level up your companions based on your own preferences, even changing their classes if you wish, there is however a suggested path, and you can have them auto-level if you wish instead.
    Once you acquire the companion, how they level is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Belky View Post
    Based on the known features thread from Stratagemini

Once you acquire the companion, how they level is up to you.
    Hmm yes. But what I wanted to know (if developers can answer it by now)

- If I have companion from level 1 with me can I choose all of his/her level up's from level 1 to level 20 when game start and I move to his/her menu? Like I can do (or so I have understand) in PC. So that after I have done it once I do not need to look it ever again (if I so choose) and it still keep on doing that plan what I gave him/her when I first get that NPC in my companion and start to making these changes his/her build planner (or how ever you choose to name it)?

Naturally you can choose skills, abilities and so on when you get level up, but can you do them up front from level that companion join your party to level 20 so you have never make any changes for it if so choose to? Allso you can easily see how different builds would work out and so on (like shown in project update before if I remember right)
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    I don't think that is an unmanageable issue. If nothing else, all companions can just have a minimum level at any given chapter of the story.
    Neverwinter Nights handled this by just bumping up the companions' experience points anytime they were swapped back into your party. You could then use that to level them up however you wanted (often several levels at once if they'd been out of the party for awhile).

@Pathfinder
    My guess is that the suggested path is set in stone by the developers and not configurable by the player. When a companion levels, you will be given the option to use the suggested path or choose how you want them to level.

@Pathfinder

If you have a companion from level 1, then level 1 is pre-set, and you can level them as you wish starting with their first level up (level 2).

I've had a few thoughts for features I would like that are specific to the Rulership aspects of Kingmaker.

How about being able to donate items and equipment to your Guards/Army? I'm guessing you can "liberate" a lot of used mail and swords from bandits. You could sell it to a vendor, but wouldn't it be cooler to give it to your own guards? It could be used to reduce army upkeep or recruitment costs, or alternatively to give them a combat advantage.

Similarly, how about assigning quests and giving rewards to NPCs in your employ? There was a Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal quest where you got to tell some rookie adventurers to get an item for you. It was a fun in-joke but it might actually be a good idea. You're playing as a Baron, surely you have some guys to fight trolls and bandits for you. You could even use magic items - that +1 sword you used for a level before you upgraded - as rewards and to secure their loyalty.

*Edit* Also - creative use of spells. I'm hoping that stuff like Wall of Stone will be included, with the occasional option to use it to create bridges, buildings etc. There are lots of spells with a second or third use that see a lot of PnP creativity but might be tricky to implement in a computer game.
    Last edited by Corvino; 08-12-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast