Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I've got a relatively simple request: use correct rules to share XP.

If a party of 2 and a party of 6 have the same encounter, then both parties should be awarded the same total XP. Meaning the party of 2 gets more XP per party member.

I asked about this previously, and Owlcats was undecided about it at the time. I hope they decide in favor of this. It allows you to adjust difficulty by changing party size - and get an XP reward appropriate to the challenge.

(Incidentally this also makes it slightly more viable to play a solo-character.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I would like the world to be reactive to the main character's class. If you're playing a Druid then certain Sylvan creatures should react more positively towards you. It's fun when NPCs reference my skills.

There's an old Sega Shadowrun game I still love. When my character's reputation was high enough the NPCs reacted accordingly. That was huge for me because of how reactive it felt.

I'm sure the game will react to us being rulers, but referencing our race, class, skills, and deeds will make the world feel more real. So far I'm not sure how in depth Owlcat is going to dial up such emersion.
    One of my favorite parts of NWN2 were that characters reacted strongly to your race, gender, class and other background. Its actually one of the reasons why I always replayed the opening tutorial, its nice to see the small changes in reaction to your character.

I also loved the fact that you can react to the introduction of one companion is "Wait, are you a BARD?" with implied disgust for the class.
    Last edited by Naliamegod; 08-08-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naliamegod View Post
    One of my favorite parts of NWN2 were that characters reacted strongly to your race, gender, class and other background. Its actually one of the reasons why I always replayed the opening tutorial, its nice to see the small changes in reaction to your character.

I also loved the fact that you can react to the introduction of one companion is "Wait, are you a BARD?" with implied disgust for the class.
    They did do an excellent job with that in the opening tutorial. I remember some hilarious dialogue from nameless NPCs when I clicked on them with a Ladies' Man background.

Never ran across the bard dialogue option, or at least don't remember it. But that's fantastic! :D

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    I've got a relatively simple request: use correct rules to share XP.

If a party of 2 and a party of 6 have the same encounter, then both parties should be awarded the same total XP. Meaning the party of 2 gets more XP per party member.

I asked about this previously, and Owlcats was undecided about it at the time. I hope they decide in favor of this. It allows you to adjust difficulty by changing party size - and get an XP reward appropriate to the challenge.

(Incidentally this also makes it slightly more viable to play a solo-character.)
    I don't want to worry about having to level up my companions separately. If I leave some out for a few missions, I don't want them to become useless.

I want to be able to be a polygamist.

The most important thing to me would be a custom magic item system so that you can enchant any of the supported weapon types yourself in case you choose a weapon type that is less popular (where no interesting dev crafted versions exist in the game). It doesn't have to be that complicated.

- Disguise system and polymorph spells. This should allow at least to face some encounters in a non-combat driven solution.

- Progressive exploration system. Developing a full flight combat system might be too challenging, but at least offering the possibility of having chasms, cliffs and similar obstacles you have to overpass with Acrobatics (jump), Climb, climbing material, fly spells, or wall spells. Later in the game, plane travel spells should give you access to a new way of exploring extra areas. This adds a very interesting dimension to exploration were not every bit of terrain is accessible from the beginning. I do not know of any RPG isometric game that has portrayed this layer of exploration properly to the game. It has been used pretty well on other games, I am thinking on Zelda and Metroid for example, were gaining a new item/power allows you to access previously unaccessible areas. It engages players to the game by rewarding progression with new areas to explore instead of just increasing combat power. RPG's magic has great potential to implement this kind of system and it has always surprised me they all missed so badly at exploiting this capability.

- Fast travel system. Again, flight combat might be too large of a challenge, but fly spells, flying mounts, teleports, etc... should allow to move faster through the exploration map at some point in the game. This might help skip the most tedious moving around actions at later gaming.
    Last edited by Rutseg; 08-08-2017 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Extra formatting
    [B][url="http://paizo.com/people/GMRutseg"]Rutseg[/url][/B]
    [url]http://paizo.com/people/Balacertar[/url] | [url]http://www.rlmud.org[/url]

I would love to see the creation of an elite unit that, as time passes and you send them on missions, they become feared through out the world.
    Ex: You have to fight in a determined place south, but you are also under attack from the north, them your elite goes to the north and hold the enemy forces until you arrive with reinforcements (in an epic battle like 300).

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I'm sure the game will react to us being rulers, but referencing our race, class, skills, and deeds will make the world feel more real. So far I'm not sure how in depth Owlcat is going to dial up such emersion.
    With a dozen classes, a half-dozen plus races, two(ish) genders and a potentially unlimited number of combinations of deeds, skills, etc. one could accrue, I could see this being a huge chunk of coding. Obviously the NPC who sent you on a quest is going to be able to read the flag that says whether or not you completed that quest, but my mind boggles at the amount of writing of NPC dialogue that could be required here. (Granted, some sentences could just have generic dialogue with specific words that are changed depending on whether your character is class X or race Y or gender Z, but actual class and race specific dialogue, such as talking about druid-y stuff with a druid ruler, seems like it might be limited to talking to when talking to a fellow druid or ranger or, as you mention, sylvan creature, or something, although it could be neat to have some snooty aristocratic swordlord or big city bard talk down to a druid or ranger or barbarian ruler, implying that a 'rural treehugging bumpkin or painted savage like yourself might not be cognizant of the economic consequences of'...)

Who knows, maybe I'm overthinking it, and it could be easier than I'm thinking!

Also, I've attempted and failed to post this at least two times, so apologies if the internet burps and there are suddenly three copies of this post... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ztron5 View Post
    I would love to see the creation of an elite unit that, as time passes and you send them on missions, they become feared through out the world.
    Ex: You have to fight in a determined place south, but you are also under attack from the north, them your elite goes to the north and hold the enemy forces until you arrive with reinforcements (in an epic battle like 300).

:)
    Ooh.. I like that one too. You can maybe even have a few groups of troops you can recruit for as well.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast