Jaethal at the House at the edge of time (Spoilers)

In my game, Jaethal spared Nortellara, defied Urgathoa and was destroyed. That is a valid conclusion for her quest (green checkmark).
    She reappears, as an inquisitor of Pharasma, in the House at the edge of time, in the same room as Tristan. She falls for Nyrissa tricks, fights Tristam and is killed.
    There is a way to save her?
    Even if not as a companion, at least to speak to her?

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    In my game, Jaethal spared Nortellara, defied Urgathoa and was destroyed. That is a valid conclusion for her quest (green checkmark).
    She reappears, as an inquisitor of Pharasma, in the House at the edge of time, in the same room as Tristan. She falls for Nyrissa tricks, fights Tristam and is killed.
    There is a way to save her?
    Even if not as a companion, at least to speak to her?
    Yes, there is. Solve Tristian's quest correctly. ;-)
    Or to be more specific: how did Tristian behave when you encountered the Cleansed Ones at the cyclops ruins?

From what I recall, we spoke as calmly as possible, the boss had a crisis of faith but still attacked and we had to kill him. We let go the other people.

The encounter between Jaethal and Tristan has 4 different ending (if i'm not wrong) :
    - Both of them die if you don't do their quests.
    - Jaethal die if you do her quest but not Tristan's quest.
    - Tristan die if you do his quest but not Jaethal's quest.
    - Both of them are alive if you do thier quests.

The problem is Tristan and Amari's quests are mutually exclusive so if you do Hours of Rage before Betrayer's Flight, you can do Amiri's quest but no Tristan'quest and vice versa. So with Tristan's quest uncompleted and Jaethal's quest completed, she is killed by Tristan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezard View Post
    The encounter between Jaethal and Tristan has 4 different ending (if i'm not wrong) :
    - Both of them die if you don't do their quests.
    - Jaethal die if you do her quest but not Tristan's quest.
    - Tristan die if you do his quest but not Jaethal's quest.
    - Both of them are alive if you do thier quests.

The problem is Tristan and Amari's quests are mutually exclusive so if you do Hours of Rage before Betrayer's Flight, you can do Amiri's quest but no Tristan'quest and vice versa. So with Tristan's quest uncompleted and Jaethal's quest completed, she is killed by Tristan.
    This is also true if you do her quest, but kill Jaethal.

I find it a little sad that there is no way to help Tristan achieve redemption if you chose to save the Aldori.

The walkthrough is not really helping on this, either.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    This is also true if you do her quest, but kill Jaethal.

I find it a little sad that there is no way to help Tristan achieve redemption if you chose to save the Aldori.

The walkthrough is not really helping on this, either.
    Scratch head. I really don't get what you guys are saying. I have completed Amiri quest and Tristan quest.
    Amiri has her enhanced sword and all is well.
    Tristan has achieved redemption and is staying with me.
    Who is the Aldori you are referring to?

Amari and Tristan quests are normally exclusive but before the last patch a bug allowed to do both but this has been fixed (sadly).
    So your situation at the House at the edge of time is maybe a bug.

He's refer to Jamandi Aldori, who you meet at the barbarian camp. If you save Tristan first and going to barbarian camp after, her army is in a bad situation.
    Last edited by Ezard; 11-25-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezard View Post
    Amari and Tristan quests are normally exclusive but before the last patch a bug allowed to do both but this has been fixed (sadly).
    So your situation at the House at the edge of time is maybe a bug.

He's refer to Jamandi Aldori, who you meet at the barbarian camp. If you save Tristan first and going to barbarian camp after, her army is in a bad situation.
    I must see if I can check that in the saves, but the timing of the two events seem a bit off.

Edit: for me the battle at Flintlock Grassland was after Tristan betraial but before being able to enter the Temple of the Elk gate.
    From what I recall, you need to complete a project to find where he is, and that isn't even available to me at that point of the adventure.
    Last edited by Caine; 11-25-2018 at 01:49 PM.