Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I know a couple of gamers who probably would sell their souls for an faithful Starfinder computer game. ;)
    Personally, I think this brand new franchise should first be allowed to grow sufficiently enough. Let it have enough Adventurer Paths to sustain a lengthly +60h game. Have playtesters test it down to its mettle. And see where all this brings us. The least we want for it is to be rushed.

If Pathfinder: Kingmaker is good I'll buy the next game Owlcat releases, even if it's a kobold dating simulator.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    If Pathfinder: Kingmaker is good I'll buy the next game Owlcat releases, even if it's a kobold dating simulator.
    Call me weird, but I have this feeling that a kobold dating simulator would have a much larger audience than one might initially think.
    http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Call me weird, but I have this feeling that a kobold dating simulator would have a much larger audience than one might initially think.
    At least larger than Starfinder... <hides>

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Only if Owlcat prove their chops by providing Nok-Nok his romantic options first! I'm not gonna trust a company that's never done any sort of small monster dating simulator without some reassurance that they can do it properly! Unless Nok-Nok can bite his date's head, It's not a proper Goblin romance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc Oran View Post
    That's a little more hostile than I expected. :P But you are welcome to your opinion. I enjoy the fantasy genre, but find sci-fi more engaging, perhaps because I'm an engineer and researcher.
    Oh, no, I love sci-fi. Super thrilled with the Expanse and how faithful the series so far is to the books. I don't like the concept of Starfinder. I'd rather play Shadowrun or a tabletop Star Wars.

The entire premise feels shoddily assembled. Absalom station? Really? There is an amnesia period of the entire universe? The planet is missing and the gods are keeping quiet? Paizo can't even finish one planet. It feels like a poorly executed money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    I'd want Starfire to mature as a game first. Give it 3 or 4 years to add more options, classes, and APs before onsidering adapting it.
    While I love sci-fi, as well as fantasy, I'd go with this. It's way, way premature, and Starfinder has yet to even release it's first AP, let alone one that's as much a 'game-changer' as Kingmaker was, back in the day.

I was kind thinking about Starfinder as well but after looking at it I'm really disappointed with the races and enemies you encounter in that AP. They are certainly distinct but nothing really cool looking for me to be excited about.
    So I would prefer Pathfinder again if the choices were between the two.

Not a fan of Starfinder either, but you can't blame them. Paizo's been selling Pathfinder for close to 10 years now, and there's a point where you have to move on.

That being said, the reason why Kingmaker is so popular is because it's a 7 year old campaign that has been discussed and refined to a crazy degree. No Starfinder AP is going to have that depth of experience for some time.

Having actually gotten a hold of a Starfinder Core Rulebook PDF (with my new subscription), I have to say I actually like a lot of the rule changes, and they feel like they'd lend themselves particularly well to a Video Game.

But I feel like they need a bit more practice in writing APs for the new system and a bit more supplemental material and monsters before you can actually make a good computer game from one of the Starfinder APs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast