Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Custom Portraits

I know we have yet to receive a firm 'yes' regarding this and was hoping we could get confirmation. I'd also be interested to know what resolution and/or file format(s) would be supported so I can commission custom artwork for my character.

Baldur's Gate 1 allowed custom portraits and that launched nearly 20 years ago. It would seem really bizarre to me if Kingmaker lacked this feature.

Edit: And if this makes more sense in the Dev Forum, please move it there. Sorry if that's the case!
    Last edited by Mat; 01-04-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    No idea about format or resolution, but wasn't this already confirmed? I'm pretty sure we've confirmed this.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    No idea about format or resolution, but wasn't this already confirmed? I'm pretty sure we've confirmed this.
    Is that a confirmation?

(because according to my list the last word on things was "Probably? I don't see why not?")
    Last edited by Stratagemini; 01-04-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Uuuuh... maybe lemme check back with the devs when they all come back to life next week, but I could have sworn they said yes on that one.

I see you have "extra portrait for the main character" does this mean we won't be able to use our own images?

Using custom profiles is gonna be a thing as far as I'm aware. I'll poke the devs again next week when they return from their new year's coma, but I'm 99% sure this is gonna be in there.

Cool. Thanks BK. :)

Mat, do you have an idea who you'll commission from? I'd love to do it from the same artist that did/will do the rest, but I'm not sure it'll be possible(I don't know how to contact him/her and I don't think I'll know when he/she will be availble to to portraits.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyHard View Post
    I see you have "extra portrait for the main character" does this mean we won't be able to use our own images?
    No, the extra portrait is one that was communally chosen. It ended being a female half-elven sorcerer with traces of vampire, mummy and wraith (undead) bloodlines.
    It can be found here(I find ghoul whould be good for her too though)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2077236
    Last edited by ForestDew; 01-05-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    What do you call a dragon who ate a bunch of adventurers? A party-pooper!
    If you Awaken a chicken, is it speaking fowl language?
    What do you say when a treefolk betrays you? Tree-son!

Forest,

First, sorry for the late response. I believe the character artist for the game is probably really busy creating more art for it, so that's probably a no-go. His name is Valeriy Vegera, by the way. https://www.artstation.com/vegera

I have not even bothered trying to contact him for commissions. If you do and he's receptive, please let me know. I'd be willing to pay good money for a custom portrait.

Since I assume Vegera's off the table, there are a couple of artists over at https://sketchmob.com/ that I might use, who have art styles that are similar to the one Vegera has. I still need to decide on who my main will be for the campaign, though.

Better late than ever ^^ Thanks! I was thinking of waiting a good while for his workload to settle down before asking. On second thought, I'll ask if he's willing for when he'll have the time.

Edit: E-mail sent. I hope for a favorable answer.
    Last edited by ForestDew; 01-09-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    What do you call a dragon who ate a bunch of adventurers? A party-pooper!
    If you Awaken a chicken, is it speaking fowl language?
    What do you say when a treefolk betrays you? Tree-son!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast