Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quest Ideas

Okay punny business aside, I enjoy deconstruction quests. Bards Tale had a "fight rats in the basement" quest that lead into an epic boss battle with a rat the size of a horse.

Also quests from other genres. RomCom style quests where you play matchmaker (BG2 had the quest where you feed lines to the bard to woo his lady). Film Noir type quests with femme fatales and double crossings.

Finally I would like multi-chapter questlines.

Not sure about the deconstruction quests and genre parodies. They can be very fun, but they also break immersion big time. If we do anything like that, we'll have to be super careful.
    On the other hand, we have a lot of quests that require talking to people, not just swinging your sword. A romantic or detective story is entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by praguepride View Post
    Okay punny business aside, I enjoy deconstruction quests. Bards Tale had a "fight rats in the basement" quest that lead into an epic boss battle with a rat the size of a horse.

Also quests from other genres. RomCom style quests where you play matchmaker (BG2 had the quest where you feed lines to the bard to woo his lady). Film Noir type quests with femme fatales and double crossings.

Finally I would like multi-chapter questlines.
    I'm definitely with you on quests where we get to play Cyrano De Bergerac.

Tracking\detective style quest, where you get additional options if you have scent, ranger with good tracking skill, divining spells, etc.

I think some of the most-memorable quests in tabletop or crpgs involves splitting the party. It would be interesting to me if the player character was captured and needed to be rescued by the NPCs, or if battle plans involved sending two groups of companions to hit two strategic enemy points at the same time. It can help make major battles feel epic when you have to spread out your forces and it feels extremely strategic when the player has to determine who to send where.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I think some of the most-memorable quests in tabletop or crpgs involves splitting the party. It would be interesting to me if the player character was captured and needed to be rescued by the NPCs, or if battle plans involved sending two groups of companions to hit two strategic enemy points at the same time. It can help make major battles feel epic when you have to spread out your forces and it feels extremely strategic when the player has to determine who to send where.
    I have suggested something like this before. The creation of an elite unit that holds the enemy until you arrive from a conflict in other direction (Like a last stand from 300 Spartans) or until you assemble your army. But sending followers with an normal army could also work. :)
    In dragon age origins, the warden is the founder of the Silver Order, that hold Vigils Keep for days under the assalt of the darkspawn and now are revered through out Ferelden. Origins was really the best game from Bioware.
    Last edited by Ztron5; 08-21-2017 at 01:53 AM.

*quests concerning traveling to different planes, ruins and magical landscapes
    *searching for spells to empower portals
    *fighting interesting creatures and bosses
    *deep characterization of party memebers and their dedicated quests
    *quests which seems like oridinary but encompasses plot twist and unexpected outcome (betrayal, surprise...)
    *quests which will add gravitas to your characters and interesting ark to your party memebers

please, no timed quests which you have to finish to certain moment or else the quest is failed

Quote Originally Posted by Ztron5 View Post
    I have suggested something like this before. The creation of an elite unit that holds the enemy until you arrive from a conflict in other direction (Like a last stand from 300 Spartans) or until you assemble your army. But sending followers with an normal army could also work. :)
    In dragon age origins, the warden is the founder of the Silver Order, that hold Vigils Keep for days under the assalt of the darkspawn and now are revered through out Ferelden. Origins was really the best game from Bioware.
    Creating an elite unit sounds like a lot of fun and would really help make the kingdom feel a bit more unique in a given playthrough. Evil characters could have a necromancer leading skeleton warriors. Neutral characters could have a druid/ranger troupe that range around the nation. And I suppose all the pallys could have knights.

Origins will always have a special place in my heart. It's a pity that Bioware refuses to continue the Warden's tale. I care more about that protagonist than either Hawke or the Inquisitor.

If only they had a backer tier that was specifically to design quests!
    [I]Vivat Grendel![/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    If only they had a backer tier that was specifically to design quests!
    If only I had $4,000 to burn on pledges. No offense to Owlcat, but I would never pledge that high to an unproven Kickstarter creator. It would take a company like Harebrained Schemes for me to feel safe pledging such a large sum of money.

Of course, I have nowhere near that much money to spend on a whim, so this is all moot anyways. ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast