Can you choose settlers for your kingdom?

In original Kingmaker campaign settlers in your kingdom were mainly humans and from Brevoy. Can you in this game encourage certain type of settlers? From example if PC is halfling can he encourage other halflings to settle in his kingdom.

I quite like that; though it is fairly tricky from a "realistic" sense. Most racial types aren't heavily represented in the surrounding nations.

In spite of that I hope they have at least some racial buildings (maybe a limited amount can be built) that gives you *some* representation from the race. A halfling hovel, an elven archery range, that kind of thing.

Though I expect you'll have a bit of control over what kind of people you get (in terms of alignment) by building seedier or holier buildings.

I think you can in some way effect aligment of your setlements (like letting ex bandits and so on join you).
    Allso I think it is possible to make decicions (like poison well or just let all village people die in certain quests if made based from orginal storyline) what effect as "you find empty village and how to populate it" kind of dilemmas

Not to mention that I believe it is kind of possible to atleast try to get some "not so normal" population inside your borders. Like centaurs, goblins and so on. Maybe even declare somekind of "open invitation" if you happen to walk for elven or dwarf ruins or so for them to come and live there again (specially if YOU [PC not player] are from same race).

But that is more from developpers to make possible then us, but I definetly like an idea. For certain characters and aligments it fit well, even fey / animal / living plants or so populated areas.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I would definitely like some sort of quests that one could do to encourage more (or less...) elves, dwarves, gnomes, half-orcs, half-elves and / or halflings to emigrate to one's fledgling nation. For a member of such a race, it would make sense that they would want more of their own folk, or less of some other sorts of folk... (A dwarf ruler might want to encourage dwarven settlement, but not be too keen on a bunch of half-orcs showing up, while the opposite could be the case for a half-orc ruler.)

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    A halfling hovel, an elven archery range, that kind of thing.
    Woah, woah, woah, that's racist. Why do you automatically assume that a halfling lives in a hovel!? All elves are into archery. Wow man. Just... wow.

;D
    [I]Vivat Grendel![/I]

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    A halfling hovel, an elven archery range, that kind of thing.

Im going to guess that is Heroes of Might and Magic 1.

The only one I haven't played.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull-ogk View Post
    Im going to guess that is Heroes of Might and Magic 1.

The only one I haven't played.
    It was actually the first one I played, and got me hooked on the series. So much was improved by Heroes 2 though that it's really not worth revisiting at this point though. Play 2, 3, or 5.

Ahem, sorry for the off topic. I'd love to be able to have some influence on the type of population, but if that would cause an undo amount of extra work from a coding and asset perspective, I'd be ok with developer time being focused elsewhere.