Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Combat Maneuvers

It's established that "grappling" won't be available (or rather, it will be restricted to thematic monsters).

A few questions arise:

1. What combat maneuvers will definitely be in the game, what maneuvers wont?

2. If sundering is in the game, how is that handled in terms of loot and the broken (or even destroyed) condition? Would sundering be more of a timed debuff (duration "for the rest of the encounter")?

3. What about rarer combat maneuvers? Reposition? Pull?

4. Do maps/encounters feature suitable setup to make bull rush an attractive proposition?

5. Is disarm in the game? Does disarm actually disarm an enemy (as opposed to apply a debuff)? If I disarm with no items in hand, can I end up with the weapon in my hand (as per Core rules); so I can use it against the enemy?

6. Back to grappling: since summon monster and shape shifting (druid) abilities (and perhaps even beast shape) are in the game... is it possible to summon/shape a monster that has the grab/grapple ability?

1. Trip, for certain. Likely Bull rush since that's a simple knockback effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    1. Trip, for certain. Likely Bull rush since that's a simple knockback effect.
    Let's hope :)

Did we ever receive confirmation on whether or not reach weapons will proc attacks of opportunity? I'm a big fan of using polearms and the polearm trip build is certainly a popular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    Did we ever receive confirmation on whether or not reach weapons will proc attacks of opportunity? I'm a big fan of using polearms and the polearm trip build is certainly a popular one.
    To my knowledge there's no definitive of the reach vs AOO behavior up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I remember it being discussed and inputted on by Devs, something to the extent that It was yes, but since AoOs are different it was only when trying to leave? But For the life of me I can't remember the specifics or what thread it was in. Possibly the long locked thread whose name we shall not speak?

I need a Barbarian with Dirty Trick...

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    I remember it being discussed and inputted on by Devs, something to the extent that It was yes, but since AoOs are different it was only when trying to leave? But For the life of me I can't remember the specifics or what thread it was in. Possibly the long locked thread whose name we shall not speak?
    Depending on how they handle a "square" this actually wouldn't pose to much a problem. Though it makes me wonder if other things like casting non-defensively would also provoke.
    [I]Vivat Grendel![/I]

Hmm...maybe the devs will chime in with a more concrete answer. I think I remember someone saying reach weapons wouldn't proc attacks of opportunity but they also don't have the adjacent range limitation, either.

And that gif is glorious, Grifta! :D

@HenryHakl & Stratagemini

Try this message concerning AOO and reach
    https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...=3625#post3625

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast