Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Other languages

Other languages

Congratulations and thanks for creating this fantastic game.

As a player of computer Rpgs and board for so many years I am delighted that there is a game about Pathfinder but my main problem is the language since I speak a very basic English for a game with so many texts this is not a Call of Duty XDD

So please try to translate the game into Spanish I'm sure if they advertise they will reach more money from Spanish speaking people I actually did not support the game for KS because I was not translated into Spanish I would like to contribute my money and I will do it If you translate the game.

Thanks

Unfortunately, when isometric CRPGs localize in Spanish they don't tend to sell very well in Spanish-speaking countries.

Here’s a breakdown of Steam ownership of isometric CRPGs by country. All of these games were localized in Spanish. The source for all data: Steamspy

Pillars of Eternity
    2.65% - Spain
    0.35% - Mexico
    4.9 % - Other*

Tyranny
    1.33% - Spain
    0.36 - Mexico
    4.1% - Other*

Torment
    1.49% - Spain
    3.53% - Other*

Wasteland 2
    1.6% - Spain
    0.35% - Mexico
    5.89% - Other*

*Presumably some other Spanish-speaking countries make up a portion of this. How much isn’t clear from the data provided.

Even if the entire ‘Other’ category consisted entirely of Spanish-speaking countries (which it most certainly does not), no game’s ownership levels crack 10%. It would be safe to say that people living in Spanish-speaking countries make up less than 5% of purchases for isometric Kickstarter CRPGs similar to Pathfinder Kingmaker.

I’d like to see this game localized in Spanish, Polish, and Italian, but that doesn’t mean it will sell well. At the end of the day the developers have to justify their development costs with profits.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything official regarding additional localization beyond English, Russian, German and French. With that in mind, I believe Spanish is the #1 requested language for additional localization, followed by Italian. While I haven't heard of any plans in this regard for now, I do understand that the devs are aware there's a demand for a Spanish version.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

I see it is a pity then we will have to wait for a translation done by the community it is my only hope.

Thanks for the reply Mat and Berserkerkitten

For what it's worth, I hope you guys get a proper translation Baal.

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    I see it is a pity then we will have to wait for a translation done by the community it is my only hope.

Thanks for the reply Mat and Berserkerkitten
    If you're serious about waiting for a Fan translation, I would suggest asking Owlcat to make a game script available upon release to fan translation groups that ask for it. This actually serves two purposes, it protects Owlcat's intellectual property (since what it does is grant a license to fan groups to develop their own fan translations instead of infringing on Owlcat IP under the doctrine of fair use which doesn't really apply well to fan translations) and it makes it easier/faster for fan groups to translate the game.

Personally, unless you plan to translate it into Latin (the only other language I read with complete fluency), Fan Translations and official translations don't really mean much to me though.

If you do find a group that plans on translating the game into Latin, tell me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    If you're serious about waiting for a Fan translation, I would suggest asking Owlcat to make a game script available upon release to fan translation groups that ask for it. This actually serves two purposes, it protects Owlcat's intellectual property (since what it does is grant a license to fan groups to develop their own fan translations instead of infringing on Owlcat IP under the doctrine of fair use which doesn't really apply well to fan translations) and it makes it easier/faster for fan groups to translate the game.

Personally, unless you plan to translate it into Latin (the only other language I read with complete fluency), Fan Translations and official translations don't really mean much to me though.

If you do find a group that plans on translating the game into Latin, tell me though.
    This. I am committed to be able to do the translation in Italian. Let's get together and let us hear our voice.

Well ... it would be fantastic if the gane was translated in spanish.
    I did finance the kickstarter 😉😇

What about a Polish translation?

Poland has loads of cRPG fans, and most of these localized games here are cult classics: Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape Torment, Pillars of Eternity...

Pathfinder is not so known around these parts, but surely the game will gather attention because of abovementioned titles.
    It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    One thing that comes up a lot when we say we don't have the resources to provide a specific requested localization is, "But there are so many people who would buy a localized version, so it would practically pay for itself!" That may be, but we'd still have to hire professional translators beforehand. And you can't hire somebody on the promise that "the localized version will probably be bought by a lot of people when it comes out, so we'll pay you a year from now."

And yeah, some folks have offered to handle free fan translations, but handing out the entire game script before release and on blind faith seems awfully risky, no?
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast