Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Other languages

Black Geyser have raised € 108,000 and will be translated into several languages including Spanish. They did set a goal for languages.

Pathfinder raised about 1 million so I do not think it's just for the money that the game does not translate, other companies with less budget have done it.

Pathfinder It will be a great game but I will not play it because it is not translated it's a pity

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...black%20geyser

Edit Double post
    Last edited by Unregistered; 05-31-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pathfinder It will be a great game but I will not play it because it is not translated it's a pity
    Umm.. ..thank you for the info I guess?

Now when we are in this subject:

I do not care that this game will never be (I bet) translated to language I use. Only if here would not be english text (spoken language is bonus) I would not buy this. Not because I would not like the game but because I would not understand it.
    If this would be, let's say only for chinese language (I do realize 1/4 of world population speak & read it but.. ..I do not so).
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

That's why I could not play Pathfinder because I do not have a good English like I would not play a game in Chinese because I do not understand the language

I can play games with little text in English or where the text is not important but a rpg is different. It is a nuisance to use the dictionary almost all the time and it tires me.

Very good news I hope it becomes a reality

OwlcatBK [desarrollador]
    Just got an update - we are now definitely considering adding a Spanish translation post-release.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/64082...scn=1531315254

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    I'm OwlcatBK and yes, it's considered. Can't promise anything beyond that, but it's something.
    http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    I'm OwlcatBK and yes, it's considered. Can't promise anything beyond that, but it's something.
    We know that it's a difficult decision to make and you can only know the answer after knowing how the game is selling, etc. but is a great hope for us who speak Spanish to know that you are really thinking of doing it in an intense text game.

e por que nao português? afinal sao 300 milhões a falar português e polaco sao só 40

Quote Originally Posted by 440588846396462@facebook View Post
    e por que nao português? afinal sao 300 milhões a falar português e polaco sao só 40
    I think he's saying "Why not Portuguese? 300 million people speak Portuguese while only 40 million speak Polish"

Disclaimer: I don't speak Portuguese but I'm a native Spanish speaker (Argentina) and both languages are quite similar.

I'll be playing the game in English (as I do with every single game), but I think that if they can increase the game's sales but about 7-8% by localizing it in Spanish... well, I've no idea how much money it costs to localize a game but that seems like a decent tradeoff. Plus, you get more exposure and that helps you move more units of future games.

I personally think there are more in question then only how many people talk that language. If we look for 10 most talked language we can notise that MOST do not get (in games) subs and dubs. I for once can not remember last time when I even notised a game where was any support in Bengali...

Here are top 10 most spoken languages in the world:
    "
    1. Chinese

10 Most Spoken Languages: Chinese

Numbers vary widely — Ethnologue puts the number of native speakers at almost 1.2 billion native speakers, roughly a billion of whom speak Mandarin — but there’s no doubt it’s the most spoken language in the world. If you wish to learn a language that one in six people in the world speak, this is the one for you. Seeing as Chinese is a tonal language that uses logograms, it will certainly keep you busy.

2. Spanish

10 Most Spoken Languages: Spanish

If we were only to look at native speakers, Spanish has its nose in front of English with about 400 million speakers. If you want a language that will open up whole continents to you, Spanish is your best bet. As with all the languages on this list, the politics of language and associated identity are highly disputed: ask Catalan or Quechua speakers if Spanish is their local tongue and you will get a very different answer. But it is certainly the primary language of most of South and Central America, Spain, and, ahem, large swathes of the US.

3. English

10 Most Spoken Languages: English

If you’re reading this article, you may be one of the 360 million-odd native English speakers, or one of the half a billion people who speak it as a second language. This indicates the remarkable success of English as the lingua franca of business, travel and international relations. The relative ease with which English can be picked up (especially compared with Chinese) and the pervasive soft power of US culture means that English will continue to dominate the world stage. For some, English is still synonymous with opportunity and a better quality of life.

4. Hindi

10 Most Spoken Languages: Hindi

India has 23 official languages, with Hindi/Urdu chief among them. Whether this is one language — Hindustani — or two dialects, is still fiercely debated. Spoken mainly in northern India and parts of Pakistan, Hindi uses devnagri script, while Urdu uses Persian notation. At the time of writing, the debate about its role in Indian education and society has once again flared up: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a Hindu nationalist, is seeking to have Hindi displace English in the southern Indian states as the primary language of official communication and education, a strategy that has been met with resistance. If you ever travel in the Indian subcontinent, a little Hindi will get you a long way. Plus, this is the language that gave us shampoo, jungle, jodhpurs and bungalow — what’s not to love?

5. Arabic

10 Most Spoken Languages: Arabic

Recent numbers put Arabic at around 250 million native speakers. But this is another instance of numbers not telling the full tale: Arabic, like Chinese, is so vastly different in its respective dialects as to be effectively a number of languages, grouped as one for the sake of convenience. Modern Standard Arabic is a primarily written form, closely related to the Classical Arabic of the Quran. However, the spoken forms of Arabic in, say, Oman and Morocco are so different that a couple of philosophy professors from these countries might be able to discuss the finer points of the ancient texts while struggling to order lunch.

6. Portuguese

10 Most Spoken Languages: Portuguese

This is another language whose reach owes much to its colonial past. Starting in the 15th century, avid Portuguese traders and conquerors brought their language to Africa, Asia and the Americas. The spread of Portuguese may have initially been tied to European colonization, but the colonized countries developed their own vibrant cultures that transformed the language forever. Today, Portuguese is spoken by 215 million native speakers in countries like Brazil, Goa, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bisseau, São Tomé and Príncipe, and Macau. It’s also the language of Machado de Assis, Bossa Nova, Mia Couto, Fernando Pessoa, and Agualusa.

7. Bengali

10 Most Spoken Languages: Bengali

Admit it: you didn’t expect Bengali to be on this list. The Partition of Bengal by the British in 1947 divided (mainly Hindu) West Bengal, now part of India, from its (mainly Muslim) counterpart East Bengal, now Bangladesh. It is the language of Kolkata, of the Andaman Islands, of fabulous sweets, and of 170-odd million Bangladeshis, many of whom are extremely vulnerable to climate change; by the next century, the population is projected to double while 15% of the land area is expected to disappear below rising seas.

8. Russian

10 Most Spoken Languages: Russian

With roughly 170 million native speakers as of 2010, Russian is the eighth most spoken language in the world. Famed for its inscrutable grammar and quite lovely Cyrillic script, it remains one of the six languages spoken in the UN, and produced the literary likes of Dostoyevsky, Nabokov, Chekhov, Gogol, Tolstoy and Pushkin.

9. Japanese

10 Most Spoken Languages: Japanese

Almost all of the 130 million native Japanese speakers live in Japan — certainly the most highly geographically concentrated of all the languages on this list. Japanese boasts two distinct writing systems, hiragana and katakana, as well making extensive use of Chinese Kanji characters. The largest groups living outside Japan can be found in the US, the Philippines and Brazil.

10. Punjabi/Lahnda

10 Most Spoken Languages: Punjabi

With varying estimates of around 100 million native speakers, last spot on the list goes to… Punjabi! (Sorry, German — you got dumped from top world languages a few years back.) Spoken in large tracts of India and Pakistan, the Punjab was sliced in two by the British when they left, and millions of people were forced to abandon their homes, businesses and families. But they’re slowly taking their revenge, Bollywood-style: Punjabi songs now account for 50% of chart-toppers.

"
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 07-12-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123