Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar

Update #48: Introducing Linzi - Your Own Personal Chronicler

It's time to meet a very special member of your party: Linzi the halfling bard. Linzi used to be a student at the Pitax Academy of Grand Arts, but was expelled for "impudence towards persons of the highest esteem" — that is, for writing a raunchy limerick about Castruccio Irovetti, ruler of Pitax. Unabashed, she moved on with a bold plan: to find the next great hero in the making, join their party, and document their road to victory in the greatest book Golarion has ever seen. She has chosen you as her main character, and she's not leaving your side before she sees the end of your great adventure! Sure, she never got her degree, so her turn of phrase might be a bit awkward sometimes, and she might use her artistic license to exaggerate things a bit... But only to deliver the best account possible of your noble (or ignoble) deeds! What she lacks in bardic education, she makes up for in devotion to her vocation.

Don’t let Linzi’s cheerful personality fool you – when it matters, she has a fierce spirit, loyal to her friends, and determined to follow them to glory, no matter what stands in their way. There is history to be made, a story to be told, and she is adamant to be there from the prologue to the last page. However, don't expect her to flatter you: Linzi is a free spirit who holds little reverence towards noble titles. She truthfully records your deeds, good or evil, and leaves it to the future generations to judge what kind of person you were.

Like all bards, Linzi can handle regular blades and bows, and protect herself with light armor and a shield. She is also quite competent with magic, but her true power lies in her music — she can compose enchanting songs that inspire heroism in her allies, and makes her enemies tremble.

Linzi is eager to help you rule your realm. Charismatic and well-meaning, she makes for a great diplomat who always tries to find a mutually-beneficial solution for all parties. She is also willing to lend a hand to support your young kingdom's cultural life, and let the artistic talents of the people flourish.

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats

To the Kickstarter version
    Last edited by Berserkerkitten; 01-31-2018 at 06:49 PM.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Ahah! That's not a Halfling! That's a Changeling! It's clearly someone impersonating Linzi! There are small giveaways in the picture that give it away!

More seriously, Linzi is both the best Halfling companion in the game and the best Bard companion in the game. Glad to see her finally getting an Update! Now It's just Jaethal left, right?

I hope the artisan and building building parts of the Kingdom building system get an update.

Aaaah, great timing! I was just about to ask Berserkerkitten where our next update was hiding.

Linzi doesn't really come as much of a surprise given the excellent posts by some of our Alpha players; but it is still good to have her officially introduced.

I'll be honest - there's a better than even chance that she'll make my party. Bards are the natural remedy to a monk's woes (that being that among the monk's many excellencies you'll generally not find them to be the greatest damage dealers). Now a bard that offers flat attack and damage bonuses... that is great for everybody; but monks typically sport twice as many attacks as normal combatants (or even more with the right build and circumstances) - so bardic bonuses really go the distance with monks.

All hail the monastic Sage! (And their oratoric entourage)

I dig the look! I voted for her in the mini poll, though sadly I'm not too hopeful for the win.

I *think* my vote was for Linzi too. Though mostly on the grounds that I didn't have a horse in the race, so I clicked on the nicest name ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    I *think* my vote was for Linzi too. Though mostly on the grounds that I didn't have a horse in the race, so I clicked on the nicest name ^_^
    Whoever you chose will be in italics. you can check.

She's been battling for MVP in my Paladin-lead alpha party, dueling it out with Octavia. Bards are pretty much the best "sixth person" in Pathfinder and I pretty much consider someone who says "Bard sucks" a sign that they are still mastering the system,

Any word on bard archetypes? Although bards are usually amazing party boosters - I have a softspot for the selfish bard archetype Dawnflower Dervish (bardic songs only affect the bard herself, but the bonuses are doubled)..