View Poll Results: The best version of Linzi's voiceover is...

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Version 1

95 46.34%
  • Version 2

25 12.20%
  • Version 3

15 7.32%
  • Version 4

70 34.15%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberMephit View Post
    It is also used as an international standard for teaching English as a foreign language, at least where I'm from. Granted, it's pretty tough to master without extensive practice, but I know a few people who nailed it perfectly after having spent a few months/years in London.
    Ah, I get it now. I read your discussion kind of like "a received pronounciation" rather than "Received Pronounciation" if you get what I mean. The latter would have make me look it up.

Makes me wonder though where in your London your mates went, CyberMephit.

And agreed, Stratagemini, that's what I would call a "Southern Fairy" accent and it grates. It's about as grating as Dude Speak.

EDIT: Looked up the girl in the video and she's from effin' Oxbridge. Figures.

RP is probably best known as "BBC English" or "Queens English". It also is not THE standard for TESOL but is one of them (General American English being the other)

Yeah, assuming no new definitions made, it was called Queen's Tongue back when I was in school.

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    I voted #3 too ^_^
    The few. The proud. The Third Guard. (〃´・ω・`)ゝ

I think all the voices sounded fine. I also voted for three because I really liked it, but I do think the fan-favorites sound more like what I would expect from a fantasy character.

#4 was cute and over the top, which I think is perfect for that character. Or you could get the voice actress that was Imoen from Baldur's Gate, cause she would be perfect

I actually heard "Hey it's me - Imoen!" in the back of my head when looking at the picture of Linzi. It totally works!

I voted for 3 because it has a constant sense of wonder and cheerful personality, which seems perfect for the character. Voice 4 sounds nice too. Voice 1 is simply annoying and 2 is too bland.

1 because you can hear the excitement in her voice for being here. The others seem more clinical, just doing their job.

I love the #1 perky linzi. I especially like the idea of her speeding up her speaking style when meandering about something she is super passionate about but personally I hope there is some thought about lifting different styles to match different moods. Like #4 is great when she is trying to be diplomatic but #1 when talking about something she is really excited about.
    I know! Start swinging! Eventually you'll lop off the head of someone important and then the good fights will REALLY start!
    -- Lilarcor

definitely number 4 the least annoying

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast