Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pathfinder - 2nd Edition

Hey all!

I've just found out that Paizo has announced Pathfinder Second Edition!

This link has the details: http://paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest

All I can say is... OMG
    Last edited by Yesterday's Hero; 03-19-2018 at 02:47 PM.

https://glasscannonpodcast.com/the-p...parts-1-and-2/ A Playtest where Erik Mona runs through City of Golden Death.

http://paizo.com/community/blog/v574...inder-Playtest A first look at 2nd E

I thought it's april fools come early...
    All I can say is WOW. Just in time for a PF:K sequel, amirite? ;) And the Kingmaker hardcover edition while we're at it.
    Last edited by CyberMephit; 03-07-2018 at 06:48 AM.

It looks depressingly like DnD 4th. That's very upsetting, given the reason I switched to Paizo and Pathfinder was because it was so much better than DnD 4th :(

I, for one, am actually really excited. After almost 20 years, I think it may be time to try and move on from 3rd edition and do a solid update.

Unlike many (it seems) I am a fan of both Pathfinder and D&D 4e, just as much as I am a fan of 5e. I understand some people don't like change (and thus the reason Pathfinder more-or-less came about) but I like different systems and what they can bring to the table. Pathfinder is great for making wonky builds and has a lot of resources backing it; 4e was great for high fantasy high adventure where the heroes start off already somewhat exceptional but go one to literally be demigods if they can make it through 30 levels of play; 5e cuts out a lot of cruff, focuses mostly on trying to make sure that the adventures are fun and a huge focus of the game, making darn sure that rules bloat stays to a minimum that way folks don't need to lug around 10+ books just to get that one build they read up online.

So bring it on! Let's see what the next chapter of Pathfinder brings!

Quote Originally Posted by davross View Post
    It looks depressingly like DnD 4th. That's very upsetting, given the reason I switched to Paizo and Pathfinder was because it was so much better than DnD 4th :(
    If it's like 4th edition then that is depressing. I was sort of thinking about getting Pathfinder books for tabletop but this sort of puts me on guard.

As someone who has played A LOT of 4e, it does not sound like 4e to me. More like 5e. That said the majority of it sounds like they are pulling more from Starfinder than other games though.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad13 View Post
    I understand some people don't like change (and thus the reason Pathfinder more-or-less came about)
    Or maybe they don't like those changes. I, for one, disliked D&D4 (and I don't like 5th either) but I'm playing many other systems, and I loved D&D 3.0 when it went out because it went in a much better direction (in my opinion) than AD&D 2nd.

It's not about change, it's about what the game allows for diversity, fun, ideas, customization, and so on. I felt that D&D4 did away with diversity. I felt I was playing WOW or other computer games where most classes play almost the same with minor differences.

I'll take a look at that PF 2nd edition;

Never understood the "it feels like WoW" angle personally. I get that the game wasn't for everyone (3(.5) certainly was not for me and I only dove into Pathfinder properly because of friends and such) but I don't want to devolve this thread into an edition war.

Found an interesting video about PF2E, thought I would share it for everyone here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkNoaayl9TY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast