Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Thanks for the input so far, everyone. Some good thoughs and ideas there, can't wait to see what the devs are gonna say! :)

Well, yeah. The way I understand it, you'll get to create these custom characters pretty much the same way you create your main character.
    That sounds really cool. I think the background story should then reflect that. Hence my suggestions. I could see a story loosely based on Dr. Frankenstein where a powerful magic user is trying to create life. Maybe he got killed by his latest (succesful) attempt leaving all his research and materials behind. Then you discover the wizard's tower/laboratory and are able to reproduce the experiment...of course then it's up to you to bring the right "ingredients" that determine the race for example.

And of course...what did happen to that creature that was originally created...maybe an idea for a follow-up quest at a later point. Maybe he/she went nuts and you need to go on a quest to prevent your new companion from meeting with the same fate...

I think it's a good spot to put a lesser Pathfinder character of Golarion lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    I think it's a good spot to put a lesser Pathfinder character of Golarion lore.
    What, like Aram Zey? We have enough dickishness with Jubliost.

I would think that Count Jeggare and his friend Radovan would be natural for this. Count Varian Jeggare is an "official" Pathfinder venture captain that is subject to several very good books (part of the Pathfinder Tales). Radovan is a close friend and travel companion. The two have gotten into some pretty crazy adventures.

(I should add that when Kingmaker by Owlcats was announced I was rooting from the start that we'd be meeting these two in the game.)

Last edited by HenriHakl; 03-09-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberMephit View Post
    Awesome! Is today like the official Pathfinder good news day or something?
    That said, I do have a problem with this idea, and it's this: PFS members are non-evil. So technically it would be hard to justify a venture-captain lending Society agents to further an evil Baron's agenda.
    The Pathfinders are not a non-evil organisation, just that organised play for PFS requires non-evil characters for the sake of having a stronger community and less trouble with... well... troublemakers.

In Kingmaker the venture captain should not have trouble with sourcing evil characters.

I thought society now permitted LE but only for one faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad13 View Post
    I thought society now permitted LE but only for one faction?
    That's possible! I've not kept uptodate with society play rules.

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    That's possible! I've not kept uptodate with society play rules.
    I haven't really either, friend of mine tried Society a while back and I skimmed the pdf thing for society that season. Still at least they are slightly budging on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberMephit View Post
    Awesome! Is today like the official Pathfinder good news day or something?
    That said, I do have a problem with this idea, and it's this: PFS members are non-evil. So technically it would be hard to justify a venture-captain lending Society agents to further an evil Baron's agenda.

A solution seems to lie on the surface: make not one, but two NPCs! Let the Stolen Lands be the backdrop of the power struggle between PFS and the nefarious Aspis Consortium, both trying to outmaneuver each other as they follow up on rumors of an artifact purportedly lost by Choral the Conqueror during his retreat into the depth of the Gronzi forest! Will one of them succeed with Baron's aid, or will the crafty Baron use their trust to further his or her own goals?

If this idea is too far out of scope, then perhaps the Venture-Captain in question can be desperate - indebted to the king of Pitax after a botched operation maybe? So that temporarily associating with evil forces for the greater good is her only hope of staying alive and in the Decemvirate's favor.
    I like this idea, so kind of just writing "thumbs up" post here without much more to add. Allso if Paizo is OK for it then sure. Why not use Count Jeggare and his friend Radovan + what Paizo can suggest for opposite (evil) party. Atleast myself have not become "way too" familiar for these "people" yet. Problem which I really had with Raistlin and rest Dragon Lance characters (movies, series, books, games.. after that I had zero interest to buy that world and choose Forgotten Realms back then in AD&D 2:nd edition time).
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I would say something linked directly to Pathfinder Society - Full member of the Grand Lodge faction who was teamed up recently with members of the Dark Archive, Liberty's Edge and Scarab Sages. They had a mission somewhere and things went terribly, horribly, overwhelmingly wrong resulting in the party disbanding for some reason or other and they are now banished to the River Kingdoms at the behest of the Decemvirate. No goal, no actual mission, just banished to the backwoods (at least it wasn't Galt, right?). With nothing to actually do, they tack themselves on to the first group they learn about (the PC's party, of course!), sending a (soaked through) resume of sorts to the player. Since it's soggy, the player has to guess as to what certain sections of the resume are, which opens up the ability then to start customizing the Venture-Captain.

Sounds interesting to me at least...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast