How is the kingdom manager feature?

Hey guys,

I am asking since I was personally in love with Neverwinter Night 2 when I was a kid, played that game at least 4 times just to get to Crossroad Keep every time and deal with the quests, the growing of the fortress as well as the additional perks and investment it took+ the events. Anyone that has dealt with Alpha so far have any feedback concerning the system?

Regards

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    The thing about the alpha is that the kingdom feature was only in there in a very barebones first iteration. You'll probably get better, more detailed feedback when the beta goes live in roughly a couple weeks.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Good to know.Thanks!

Can we expect the last companion to be revealed in the next update/beta?
    What do you call a dragon who ate a bunch of adventurers? A party-pooper!
    If you Awaken a chicken, is it speaking fowl language?
    What do you say when a treefolk betrays you? Tree-son!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can we expect the last companion to be revealed in the next update/beta?
    I believe the next update is more focused on special effects and such, but I'll let the devs know we should introduce Jaethal ASAP. Sorry for being a bit slow on that front right now, but since all the devs are working on the beta non-stop right now, they have very little time to create updates as well. Hope you understand.

On an unrelated note, I think our forums ate your username. Could you remind me what it was, so I can fix it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    On an unrelated note, I think our forums ate your username.
    As unrelated as it might be, now I'll be disappointed if there isn't a name eating entity in the game :P

By update, I meant the next game update slash built version.

Yeah I just noticed my username got eaten while trying to find my post. I think it might be related to the fact that I connected or posted from my cell phone. Normally, I'm on my computer. I'm ForestDew

Quote Originally Posted by Avgel View Post
    As unrelated as it might be, now I'll be disappointed if there isn't a name eating entity in the game :P
    Ha! I would see that but only on a psychic creature though.
    What do you call a dragon who ate a bunch of adventurers? A party-pooper!
    If you Awaken a chicken, is it speaking fowl language?
    What do you say when a treefolk betrays you? Tree-son!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    By update, I meant the next game update slash built version.

Yeah I just noticed my username got eaten while trying to find my post. I think it might be related to the fact that I connected or posted from my cell phone. Normally, I'm on my computer. I'm ForestDew

Ha! I would see that but only on a psychic creature though.
    Ooooh, sorry I misunderstood! In that case, all the companions are already here. Originally there were supposed to be 12 (as opposed to the 11 we have now), but the final one was cut. I don't know much about that one, other than him/her being a monk.

As for restoring your name... um... any chance you could inbox me your forum email? I'd just go through your user profile by clicking on your username, but... yeah.
    The cellphone thing is good to know, though. I'll forward that info to our QA guy, maybe he can figure something out to prevent this in the future.

I use both cell phoneand desktop. It hasn't been an issue for me.