Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Possible to respec?

If you regret a decision you made during leveling, can you re-spec/retrain anywhere?

I'd like to know that too. It would be really helpful

If I remember it right in final version you can (and maybe should) make chart up for level 20 for what your PC would be when you create him/her/it. Naturally you can then left autolevel up happen (not sure if that "chart" or preview of your lvl20 char will include all spells and so on but will see) when you get level up.

Sure it would be kind of nice to have somekind of "training hall" outside from real game. So you would be able to try out different builds, levels, spells, skills, abilities and so on in a "dream mode" or something like that.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I hope that it is possible to respec companions since i want to take away exotic weapon feat from Valerie and probably from Amiri. For Amiri it might be worth it but given that Valerie uses shield it is most definitely not worth it. She could just as well use long sword without wasting feat. Especially since bastard sword = longsword.

I would highly doubt a respec for story reasons. The characters are the way they are as their backstories are written to them (although there are errors such as Reg's weapon focus which he doesn't qualify for).

Amiri's bastard sword is an integral (and very important) part of her backstory and she will be used as near perfect example as to why respec won't happen.

I get more frustrated that they keep doubling up on things. Valerie doesn't need a Bastard Sword, Amiri has one. Trisian has a scimitar as it makes sense, Reg just has one.

FYI - Bastard sword <> Long sword (1d10 vs. 1d8).

Without the respec the devs are saying "You cannot play the game your way - you have to play it OUR way."

That is going to be VERY unpopular. At least allow a respec for the main character and player-made party members.

I am trying to remember the last game of this style (isometric based of licensed property) that allowed a respec and I'm drawing a blank.

I liked Path of Exile's approach - allow respec, but make it expensive. The item used could respec just one skill point and it would take a long time to fully get enough of the item to do a full-respec.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of respec's, but I don't think it is terrible to allow a fairly-limited option for those who need it.

Multiple saves - Solves this issue. And of course multiple play throughs

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSlanky View Post
    I am trying to remember the last game of this style (isometric based of licensed property) that allowed a respec and I'm drawing a blank.
    While it's not a previously (before the game was made) licensed property, Pillars of Eternity allows respecialization at inns for a fee. Maybe Owlcat could allow that Venture Captain NPC they're adding to grant re-specializations in addition to their function as player made NPC recruiter? Alternately there could be a weapon master or something similar in your capital that could grant this?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast