Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

First PC you'll make on your 1st playthrough.

What will be your first PC?
    What class/build will you go for?
    What sort of party will you be aiming to do and what kind of kingdom will you be running?

For me?
    Chelish Wizard coming to bring law and order to a lawless land.
    Devil Binder with a focus on necromancy (The Necromancy schools aren't that great for actual necromancy I've found).
    I'll definitely take school of the Void if it exists but I doubt it will. So I'll take the conjuring one for the extended pet durations.

I'll want a decent front line like Valerie that is unquestionably lawful and loyal to the Chelish influence I'll be bringing. I hope the Hellknight goal is reached that'll really play into my first concept.

The kingdom will be ruled like a Colony of the great empire. I'll run it with the efficiency of the hell planes. And if needed, I'll resort to making my citizens all undead so that they are forever loyal and lawful. ^^

Most likely:
    Male, Human, Aldori Swordlord. LE
    Party in (bit later) game:
    Jaethal, me, Amiri, Harrim, Nok-Nok (before I find him Linzi), I guess Octavia
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

This depends on whether or not Dragon Disciple is in the final game ( I don't see why not, since it's core and was in Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2).

Male, Human, Eldritch Scion Dragon Bloodline Magus, Chaotic Good.
    Valion of Varisia is my character from Curse of the Crimson Thrones. This is an alternative timeline where he didn't end up in Gadrin Lam's gang. Instead he did was his mom did, join up with a merchant carvan and become a guard/adventuerer. He took a job from Korvosa to Lastwall, then Lastwall to Ustalav, then Ustalav to the River Kingdoms, where he heard about this Barony thing the lords of Restov where putting on and decided why not become king (or baron) by his own hands. Then he met this Kellid chick with a big sword and you know what they say about chicks with big sword? (They're dangerous and scary).

I've tried to find the definition of what Chelish means, is that a first name or does it actually mean something?

As for me, I'm going for a halfling fighter, going with his best pal halfling scout (created companion).

I'm going with linzie, another front liner (Amari?), nok nok once I find him... but I'll try to have the most ''neutral'' party as possible.

For this playthrough my halfling wouldn't target to become nobility or rule a kingdom, he would just have answered a call for another adventure and becoming nobility would just ''happen'' without him realizing very much.

He would accept the title, but wouldn't rule like other kings, balancing consequences with wisdom. He would just answer the questions he would be asked, like an oblivious kid. If you know One Piece, he'd be a bit like luffy.

He would still consider important matters and try to do as much good as possible, but the laws would be very forgiving towards unlawful actions that turns out to help the greater good. So it'd be pretty much a neutral kingdom, where freedom is very important. Trolls would be free to stroll around the streets among other citizens as long as they don't hurt the population, things like that.

I also plan to do another playthrough with a party full of crusaders/paladins :p warriors of holy light,

not sure if it would work, I want to test it out, but that's going to be in a second or third playthrough. In my first playthrough I want to experience what the developpers has to offer to us, afterward I'll do my test parties :p

Chelish is your nationality - you are from Cheliax.

Diplomancer paladin of Iomedae / Erastil (haven't decided) for the story / dialogue access

Cheliax is a country on the continent the game world takes place in. An empire who, after their patron god died/disappeared had its leading nobility turn to the worship of devils to maintain order. It has lost a number of its colonies to rebellion.

For my guy I'm thinking Chelish or Mendevian, a fighter. I am undecided on whether I want to go glaive-wielding attack of opportunity beast or sword and shield, shield-basher. All depends on what feats make it into the final product.

I'll be going for a LG human monk. Varisian or possibly Tien.

I don't know what companions I'll have, that'll depend on the play (don't have alpha or beta access).

I may do the same thing I did with BG - create a pair of companions, an adventurer (likely wizard as there isn't a pure one as an NPC) and his protector (likely paladin as there isn't one as an NPC at all).

If I don't go for the created companion - I'll likely go Ranger or Bard, simply because the skill system benefits them, and I'm a bit of a stickler for having a broad variety of skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
    Cheliax is a country on the continent the game world takes place in. An empire who, after their patron god died/disappeared had its leading nobility turn to the worship of devils to maintain order. It has lost a number of its colonies to rebellion.

For my guy I'm thinking Chelish or Mendevian, a fighter. I am undecided on whether I want to go glaive-wielding attack of opportunity beast or sword and shield, shield-basher. All depends on what feats make it into the final product.
    I saw a couple of you talking about the origin of your character, is the origin something you'd actually have to pick in character creation and it would influence the roleplay depending from where you are from? or is it just flavor

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    I saw a couple of you talking about the origin of your character, is the origin something you'd actually have to pick in character creation and it would influence the roleplay depending from where you are from? or is it just flavor
    I suppose it is primarily flavor. There are some archetypes, feats, traits and the like that have strong regional ties - but it is not usually enforced in any hard way.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast