Thread: NPC Alignments

NPC Alignments

Hey, I've only just now gotten the time to mess around on the forums. I haven't been able to find any rules for what posts go where, exactly, so please forgive me if this isn't a "dev forums" post.

I have been playing through the beta for a bit now, and I'm actually really enjoying the fact that there's a broad swath of alignments in the party. I've always been a proponent of the idea that evil characters can still bond with other characters -- even good characters -- and that this naturally causes roleplaying issues that need working out. Over time, it also gives good-aligned PCs the chance to affect the alignment of evil NPCs longterm (or vice-versa, in rare instances).

Because of this, I was very sad to find out that I can't adopt Akiros and drag him kicking and screaming back into paladinhood, as was the case in two runs of Kingmaker in which I've been involved. Given that some of the built-in redemption arcs don't seem possible, is it still possible to make a positive impact on the alignment of some of your evil companions, or is alignment static for everyone but the main character?

I suppose it's also possible that this is already covered later in the beta, in which case, "play and find out" is a totally acceptable response.

Yes, the way you resolve some of your companions' personal quests can affect their alignment (during the game, or in the end). Most characters are static, though.
    (I think one such choice is in the Beta already).
    Last edited by Thainen; 07-20-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thainen View Post
    Yes, the way you resolve some of your companions' personal quests can affect their alignment (during the game, or in the end). Most characters are static, though.
    (I think one such choice is in the Beta already).
    You can Change Regongar's alignment from Chaotic Evil to Chaotic Polyamorous?

Spoiler alert!
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Thainen View Post
    Spoiler alert!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler: