Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Nok-Nok Romance Thread (For all Nok-Nok's romantic adventures)

So, I would be absolutely delighted if Nok-Nok was romanceable. Not because I have a particular burning need to date a goblin, but because that would be delightfully amusing. I can only imagine the romantic dialogue would be hilarious.

Apparently there's support for this on facebook as well.

On the other hand, Forum Member and Backer "Mat" suggested this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    Finding Nok-Nok a goblin significant other as a sidequest sounds potentially fun/hilarious. That might be worth implementing.
    Feeding the goblin lines like Cyrano de Bergerac and watching him absolutely butcher them could be amazing.

PC (whispering): "Your eyes are like stars guiding me to you."
    Nok-Nok: "...me want to eat your face!"
    That also sounds amazing.

THUS! This thread was born! The place to talk about all ideas for Nok-Nok's romantic Exploits, whether with the PC, or in his attempted to woo Jubilost, or in any other sort of setting, ask yourselves "What could Nok-Nok do to revolutionize the world of romance?"
    Last edited by Stratagemini; 08-10-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Oh lawdy! :D
    I hope Chris will see this!
    http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Oh lawdy! :D
    I hope Chris will see this!
    All of the romances I remember Chris writing end tragically. This is for a wonderful humorous romance! A romance with Nok-Nok should have all the wonder and excitement of waking up in the morning to find a full grown grizzly bear laying in your bed next to you! You have no idea what just happened, but there's no time to worry about that because you need to run away as quickly and quietly as you can. And possibly everything is on fire (because Nok-Nok is a goblin, after all).

Count me in for some steaming hot gob love. :D

Let all of the Kingdom be known that the royal consort will be a Goblin!
    Five years should be more than enough time to get a football team worth of Half-Goblin princes and princesses to succeed the line. ;)

I think this is a terrible(yet delightful) idea. I remember promoting the notion that POE should have a Durance romance though. :P

It could be amusingly dumb if this was semi-actualized. Like, maybe somewhere your character makes a bet with Nok-Nok that if they're alone after 5 years, they'll get together, and at the end game, if your character is still alone, Nok-Nok will call the bet and we get the Nok-Nok romance epilogue. I don't oppose a developed version of this romance if there are other good options.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Heh. "Nok-nok squeeze jug-jugs?"
    How does one write sexy goblin dialogue?
    http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

Heh. "Nok-nok squeeze jug-jugs?"
    "Baron make Nok-Nok feel like chest is on fire! But without pain! Right here." Nok-nok gestures to where his heart rests. "Nok-Nok like baron's eyes. They're so shiny. Nok-Nok wishes Nok-Nok could wear them like a necklace! Or a shiny Ring! But Nok-Nok doesn't wanna take them from baron. Nok-Nok is confused by how Nok-Nok feel. Can Baron Explain to Nok-Nok?" The goblin seems genuinely confused.

1. What is love?
    2. Baby, don't hurt me.
    2. Don't hurt me!
    3. No more of this nonsense!
    Last edited by Stratagemini; 07-20-2017 at 01:31 PM.

like that
    11:41-12:31
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaqjS_IvLpg

I support this idea.

I think not making Nok-Nok romancable in some form or another is a tremendous missed opportunity for just fun. One of the big problems with RPG Romance is that they take themselves too seriously. For people who want to not have to click through Romeo and Juliet then Nok-Nok will be a welcome lampshade on poorly written RPG romances. PLUS added bonus the game will get tons of word-of-mouth popularity from that kind of humor. On par with Jan Jansen and Minsc in terms of quotable moments.
    I know! Start swinging! Eventually you'll lop off the head of someone important and then the good fights will REALLY start!
    -- Lilarcor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast