Thread: Is This Right?

Is This Right?

Trying to make sure that I transferred my pledge properly.

I backed the Kickstarter at the $40.00, "Premium Digital Download" tier.

When I click on "my account" in the backer portal, I can see the Premium Digital Download, with the option to upgrade.

When I click on "checkout," I can see the add-ons.

However... when I added the "digital game walk-through" to my cart and tried to check it out, I got a message saying "requires tier to be purchased or added to the shopping cart."

I'm a bit confused, though, since I've already got the download on order through my account page. Does that not count as "purchasing or adding a tier to the shopping cart?"

Does this mean that I can't purchase the digital walk-through unless I buy a another tier? Or did I not set up the transfer correctly?

Sorry - I'm a Kickstarter virgin, here.

It's the same for me. I just tried to purchase an add-on and it doesn't let you unless you buy a complete new Tier again. It seems to be like this for everyone. I'm guessing this is something that was only allowed when you first confirmed the pledge.
    (just to clarify: it says i need to buy a tier to buy the add-on if you click on it, it's not the "grayed out" problem)
    Last edited by Titan; 09-03-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    As it stands right now, you can select add-ons while you are transferring your kickstarter pledge to the backer portal. But only if you've already backed the amount required for these add-ons on top of your chosen pledge tier. Once the transfer is finalized, it won't let you select any more add-ons.
    I don't believe it's actually possible right now to add money to an already transferred pledge to add more add-ons. I think that's an oversight and should be fixed. I'll check back with the admins on Monday.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Alrighty. Let me know when this is fixed, so I can throw another $9.00 at you.

It should be fixed now.

So I now no longer see the "digital game walk-through" as an option when I proceed to checkout?

Is that because it's not available as a paid add-on to backers at my level (the $40.00 level)?

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandoned Arts View Post
    So I now no longer see the "digital game walk-through" as an option when I proceed to checkout?

Is that because it's not available as a paid add-on to backers at my level (the $40.00 level)?
    Aw man...

It's 1am right now, so I won't be able to reach any of the guys at the moment. But my best guess is that they've only added the option to buy alpha access (if you've paid $95 or more) and for some reason decided not to include any of the other add-ons. I'll try and find out whether this is on purpose and if so, why they would want it that way. The way I see it, it would be best for everyone if we put other add-ons up for sale on finalized pledges, as well, because you guys could just grab all the goodies you desire and we'd get extra funding for additional stretch goals. Of course it's entirely possible that I'm stupid and missing something, but... well, I'll let you know once I get a response.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

@Abandoned Arts
    Just to make sure but you did try scrolling through the addons by clicking on the arrows to the side, right?
    https://imgur.com/a/4Zoe0

I finalized my pledge weeks ago for the Collector's Edition and had been waiting to add the Alpha access. I attempted to add it via the pledge transfer link after I had signed in, but that only offered upgrades.

I was successful though by signing into the Pre-Order page and then selecting it there. It recognized my proper tier and allowed me to add it and then pay for it. The price was $15 vice the $10 it would have been if I had added it to my Kickstarter pledge to begin with, but that is OK by me.