Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar

Update #50: New Race Unlocked - Join The Forum Poll!

Dear Pathfinders,

When our Kickstarter campaign ended, we promised that all funds generated by pre-orders and pledge upgrades on https://owlcatgames.com/preorder would go towards unlocking new stretchgoals. And we are happy to announce that the next milestone, a crowdfunding sum of over $1 million, has been reached thanks to your generous help and support! Thank you so much for believing in us!

Our exact crowdfunding sum is now at $1.026.681

This means that we now have the resources to add one more playable race to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. And you get to help us decide which race it's going to be! We have opened a poll on our forums, where all backers get to vote for one of three possible new races. The three options are as follows:

1. Aasimar
    2. Dhampir
    3. Elemental*

*Humans, whose family trees include elemental beings. If elementals win the vote, we will add playable Sylphs, Undines, Ifrits and Oreads.

You can vote right now by visiting this thread on our dev forums:

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...xtra-Race-Poll

Please note - you can only see this thread if you have transferred your Kickstarter pledge to our backer portal or if you are a preorder backer. If you need help transferring your pledge, send a message to team@owlcatgames.com

Thank you once again for making this possible! And who knows - perhaps we can even reach the next milestone of $1.1 million and unlock a new playable class - Hellknights.

They are intimidation, relentlessness, and unwavering conviction. They are the black-gauntleted fist of absolute order. They are the Hellknights! Provide your character with even more options to choose from, including unique abilities and items for the Hellknights, as well as the quest line dedicated to the their presence in the Stolen Lands. Face them on the field of battle or fight by their side - the choice is yours to make.

The Mac Beta is here!

Our first beta build went live a few days ago for everyone who pledged at the $95 level or higher and everyone who pre-ordered the $110 Early Access tier. Unfortunately, there was a technical issue, which delayed the start of the beta version for Mac users. We are happy to announce that the issue has been found and is now fixed. The Mac beta is now live! Sorry for the extra wait, dear Mac users.

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats

Find this update on Kickstarter
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Aasimar. Elementals are cool, but I've been a fan of Aasimar since playing NWN 1&2 years ago.

I don't know how detailed race selection and customization gets. Aasimar have variants such as agathion-blooded, angel-blooded, archon-blooded, etc - are these distinctions captured as well similar to the various elemental bloodlines?

Dhampir is pretty iconic. I imagine that it Owlcats were to decide to follow-up Kingmaker with Carrion Crown, the Dhampir would be a natural addition to the game.

Elemental bloodlines are in a weird spot for me; they're very cool - but not strongly grounded in storied tradition in my head.

I would say Aasimar, but I love a deal! Elemental, four for the price of one.

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    I don't know how detailed race selection and customization gets. Aasimar have variants such as agathion-blooded, angel-blooded, archon-blooded, etc - are these distinctions captured as well similar to the various elemental bloodlines?

Dhampir is pretty iconic. I imagine that it Owlcats were to decide to follow-up Kingmaker with Carrion Crown, the Dhampir would be a natural addition to the game.

Elemental bloodlines are in a weird spot for me; they're very cool - but not strongly grounded in storied tradition in my head.
    The Elementals are all Genie-kin, if that helps. They've got a lot of mythology backing them. And several awesome sourcebooks.

Well, genie-kin is a pretty thematically loaded term. They have basically none of the mythological traits attributed to genies.

They're more along the lines of half-elves or half-orcs for thematic reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifta View Post
    Well, genie-kin is a pretty thematically loaded term. They have basically none of the mythological traits attributed to genies.

They're more along the lines of half-elves or half-orcs for thematic reference.
    Actually, they have a number of Sorcerer Bloodlines for them that give them access to wish. And they share a lot of mechanical attributes with the Genie races they're related to (Like Djinn), so there's some overlap. But I can see why Owlcat called them elementals instead of Genie-kin. Especially since in the Paizo cosmology, Genies are elementals of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    Actually, they have a number of Sorcerer Bloodlines for them that give them access to wish. And they share a lot of mechanical attributes with the Genie races they're related to (Like Djinn), so there's some overlap. But I can see why Owlcat called them elementals instead of Genie-kin. Especially since in the Paizo cosmology, Genies are elementals of sorts.
    So sorcerers elementals have access to special bloodlines?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    So sorcerers elementals have access to special bloodlines?
    The bloodlines are thematically associated with genie-kin, like the Djinni bloodline for example, but they're not specifically locked to any particular races. Anybody can take them.

And maybe Owlcat has implemented these particular bloodlines (or maybe they will if elementals win)?

@Stratagemini; Yep, that's why I said thematically, because I meant thematically.

@Patriarche; If they're following standard Pathfinder rules, no, there's no restriction or special access to any bloodlines. That being said, all half-elemantal have <element> affinity, which makes them slightly better if they pick bloodline, domain, or spells associated with their element.
    I'm ignoring the 1-2 archetypes for elementals because every race has race-based archetypes, and I don't think that's what you're asking.

@HenriHakl; I assume that they've got all of the core bloodlines, so that would include elemental (specific element is differentiated within the bloodline)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast