Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Preorder now contributing to stretch goals

Greetings, i missed the kickstarter and wondered whether a preorder will contribute to the next kickstarter goal (new race)? And if so, how far away is the game from the next goal... ?

yes i wonder this to...

Only speculation, but I doubt it. The devs have to work on a time line, and having an entirely new aspect of the game get added onto the list 6-9 months into development can really mess with that.

Currently, preorders will indeed contribute towards stretch goals. Just like youtube video views and facebook 'likes' still contribute towards social stretch goals. This was confirmed by @Berserkerkitten if I remember correctly.

But it's also true that there will come a time when the stretch goal counter comes to an halt. Otherwise the developement phase wouldn't be able to keep up it's shedules anymore. We haven't heard a specific date when this will happen, but I'm going for an wild guess and say somewhere in the latter half of Q4 2017 at the latest.

So you guys say there's still a chance to get that bonus race included, huh?

Theoretically yes. It will depend on how long the stretch goals stay 'open'. And of course how many people will make use of the paypal/PSC preorder pledges. That is to say last figures we got were on July 12th with $927,569 including paypal preorders. Which would only leave $72,431 until the Race stretch goal. That was back then, so I suppose the numbers are looking different now, 1 and a half months afterwards.

An update on that front would be nice; if we are close-ish, perhaps another push could happen.

I wonder why they're not on steam yet for the preorder? Surely some new people would make a preorder there.

Yes, i would definitely preorder on Steam right now, the moment preorder is available.

I have a strong believe that Steam or GoG do not just let anyone put game without anything to actually download on sale for "order now you most likely will get your game after 1 year + waiting time".

If I remember correct Steam have greenlight or something similar program where you can put your "ready to play but still beta" games, but this game is not even close for that point yet.

How ever games like Divinity Orginal Sin (1 & 2) have been there before release, for test purpose. But I believe it was not there for nonbackers to buy and instantly start playing before release date.

Allso one point to consider is: IF there would be ready beta version and it would be put in Steam for players to buy it let's say price of 40€ how much would Steam take from it? How much would actually end up for developers? Even that 28$ or if premium would be price of 60$ would developers get even 40$ from it? Naturally kickstarter get some money but I believe Steam or GoG get more when they sell games.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast