Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If you guys want to see what development had to say about this check out the post on this page for a similar topic:

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...ythrough/page2

....3. Encumbrance definitely will need another pass, especially the Shared Stash part. Our goal here is to provide an incentive to either sort through loot picking up only most valuable stuff or returning to your headquarters after several in-game days of adventuring. Right now idea to make encumbrance an option is not that appealing as we want time to be an important resource. Switching encumbrance off will allow you to travel for far longer periods of time without returning to your base of operations. That will lead to far more time available for other activities....
    Things can happen differently in the game based on time. Different NPC's can be in different places, etc. So time is a factor in the game and hence encumbrance is an important mechanic. Personally I plan on going really slow and getting all the loots ;-)
    Last edited by Argantis; 04-18-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisjourdan@gmail.com View Post
    Easy fix - Make it an option in the settings menu..... Either side can play it the way they want.
    That, indeed is what most of the beta testers concerned about this have said, in addition to just adding fixes like bags of holding, where you'll choose between money or time. Apparently this means we are making it too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisjourdan@gmail.com View Post
    Easy fix - Make it an option in the settings menu..... Either side can play it the way they want.
    Great idea. Put me in the camp who finds encumbrance really annoying as is right now; however if there's bags of holding in the game it will be fine. Even the Handy Haversack should help a bit.

Another suggestion I've been thinking (since the overland map is depicted with a horse and cart) is to add a prompt when you leave the map.

Right now the choise is:
    A) collect all treasure and leave; or
    B) leave all treasure behind.

There should be a third option IMO:
    C) collect all treasure and pile into horse cart.

When you hit the Inventory button, all the stuff that's in the cart could go in a 'bag of holding' type infinite receptacle that has its own little horse or cart shaped design... :)

We need a horse cart and/or bag of holding options if they keep encumbrance. They also need to fix the weights of several of the items since many weigh far more than they should.

and in addition to the weight of some items, the value is also disproportionate to the weight.

That is another significant issue seeing as all items are worth 25% of base value instead of 50%.

Don't change the system like other simple game is ok!!! Please don't ruin this game :D

Quote Originally Posted by Iymurra View Post
    and in addition to the weight of some items, the value is also disproportionate to the weight.

That is another significant issue seeing as all items are worth 25% of base value instead of 50%.
    The dev's repsonse made perfect sense to me. This is a crpg where you have many more encounters than in tabletop, so can accumulate a lot more loot, hence the reduced price.

I'm in the beta forums strongly advocating for not dumbing down encumbrance or fatigue. It's interesting because the loot persists, so you could go back later with a bag of holding and gather your loot up then, but people are still fighting vehemently to eliminate it.
    [I]Vivat Grendel![/I]

And I am in the beta forum strongly advocating for not wasting my real-life time as an in-game time-sink. Since bags of holding aren't implemented in-game, not only can it take you 4-5x longer to cross a map with no enemies on it to get to the exit zone, but the return trip back home can also take 4-5x longer as your on-screen icon slowly moves back home. Net result - nothing really, except wasting my personal time. So yes, people are still fighting vehemently to (and this is critical)...

...make it count when it matters, specifically in combat, but make it not waste our precious time otherwise when you could easily have pack animals bring it home.

Indeed. No one, as far as I can see, has said eliminate encumbrance. We have asked for fixes to encumbrance. Bit of a difference there

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast