Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Nothing. Just an option to opt in/out of collecting telemetry data.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    If you're already in beta 1, you'll receive the updated build via Steam as soon as it goes live. Beta 1 savegames will be compatible, so there's no need to start over. As with the previous build, there is no NDA, so feel free to stream, share footage on YouTube and show your gameplay with your friends.
    Have you had any people asking for a Let's Play permit yet? Once the game is fully released I'd like to make a Let's Play in german language if the Owlcats are OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Stormrider View Post
    Have you had any people asking for a Let's Play permit yet? Once the game is fully released I'd like to make a Let's Play in german language if the Owlcats are OK with that.
    There are already quite a few Let's Plays of the Aplha an Beta builds. I don't think you need permision from anyone (maybe your parents if you are under age ;) ) to start a Let's Play of a game.

In any case, why would Owlcat deny permision to what is, essentially, free publicity?

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday's Hero View Post
    There are already quite a few Let's Plays of the Aplha an Beta builds. I don't think you need permision from anyone (maybe your parents if you are under age ;) ) to start a Let's Play of a game.

In any case, why would Owlcat deny permision to what is, essentially, free publicity?
    I'm not sure about beta, but I'm pretty sure those Let's Play from Alpha versions had the explicite permission from Owlcat Games.
    You need permission because of intellectual property, copyright, and such laws.

As to the why, that is indeed a mystery to me why some companies refuse permission. Maybe they're afraid the flaws of their games will show too early and prevent sales?

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    As to the why, that is indeed a mystery to me why some companies refuse permission. Maybe they're afraid the flaws of their games will show too early and prevent sales?
    Concerning this, there's nothing to fear when it comes to me. xD I'm not the speed-runny type of player. I like to try things and explore the game, taking my time even when doing a Let's Play. I'm not the content creator for impatient viewers. xD

Well Alpha just means that the game is functional enough to test out the systems. Typically there are no art assets for lots of the stuff. So, it generally looks like garbage, and the systems aren't anywhere near what they will have in the final game.

For example, I played the Dauntless Alpha most recently, and there were textures running into each other everywhere, invisible objects to run into, all the weapons and armour looked identical, there was a loot box system, weapons that don't exists anymore, BUT the combat was super smooth. Now it's hit open Beta, and looks like a good game.

This whole early access thing is a new phenomena. Back in my day, you didn't even know a game existed until 1-2 months before release when they put out a demo.
    Last edited by Grifta; 06-07-2018 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Corrected some spell typos

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234