Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nortar View Post
    I played all editions of D&D from 2nd to 5th, but not Pathifinder.
    Is concentraion check based on Constitution?
    If so, considering Con is often a dump stat for mages, I guess many people who'll try to optimize their caster would be in for a nasty surprise.
    In DnD 3.5 "Concentration" was a Constitution-based skill. Pathfinder did away with that, Concentration in Pathfinder is not a skill at all, your bonus to the check is equal to your caster level plus your main casting stat. Naturally feats and class abilities can augment this base value.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Hey guys! Some of the larger systems like kingdom building, artisans and such are still very much work in progress and it's still a bit early to talk about those in all detail. We'll prepare updates about them or open threads similar to this one as soon as development has come far enough in that regard.
    That makes sense - but it doesn't preclude "work in progress" ideas to be shared by Perpetual Nothing with the express purpose to bounce it off us for feasibility; or to get additional input and thoughts.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    That makes sense - but it doesn't preclude "work in progress" ideas to be shared by Perpetual Nothing with the express purpose to bounce it off us for feasibility; or to get additional input and thoughts.
    Very true. But at least in case of the aforementioned (and much requested) kingdom building, we're not quite ready for a dialogue just yet. Much of it is still in its planning stage and we need a decent enough skeleton first, so we can have a chat with the community on how to best add the flesh.
    http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Very true. But at least in case of the aforementioned (and much requested) kingdom building, we're not quite ready for a dialogue just yet. Much of it is still in its planning stage and we need a decent enough skeleton first, so we can have a chat with the community on how to best add the flesh.
    What about terrain manipulation? How do spells like Stoneshape, create Pit, and wall of stone work?

Quote Originally Posted by Perpetual Nothing View Post
    And also, which mechanics would you like to hear about next?
    I would like to hear more about how Wild Shape will function for Druids.

Will there be an option or toggle to automatically take a 5 ft step before casting if it will move you out of AoO range or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    In DnD 3.5 "Concentration" was a Constitution-based skill. Pathfinder did away with that, Concentration in Pathfinder is not a skill at all, your bonus to the check is equal to your caster level plus your main casting stat. Naturally feats and class abilities can augment this base value.
    This makes me wonder: How many people out there are only familiar with 3.x DnD and never played Pathfinder? Makes me wonder if someone should post a quick topic that kinda gives an overview of some of the major differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Naliamegod View Post
    This makes me wonder: How many people out there are only familiar with 3.x DnD and never played Pathfinder? Makes me wonder if someone should post a quick topic that kinda gives an overview of some of the major differences.
    Well, I cannot speak for "many people", but I know at least one man would welcome such a topic.

But are there *major* differences?
    From what I know Pathfinder differs from DnD 3.5, much less then DnD 3rd edition from 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nortar View Post
    Well, I cannot speak for "many people", but I know at least one man would welcome such a topic.

But are there *major* differences?
    From what I know Pathfinder differs from DnD 3.5, much less then DnD 3rd edition from 4th.
    I think that not so much in main books but in world and that way some spells / races and so on are not in use. (Allso deities and so on, but then let's say in Dragon Lance [Krynn] is totally different even how magic work, what fighter / magic organisation are there and so on from Dark Sun, Forgotten Realms, Mystara, Greyhawk, Ravenloft and so on)
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

To Nortar: Like HenriHakl already mentioned, concentration in Pathfinder is based on caster level and your casting stat bonus, making easier to cast in melee for a caster that maxes their casting stat and do not multiclass.

With careful positioning risk of getting hit by AoO is minimal. There will be some fights where enemies swarm the party, but that’s not a common occurrence (at least what I imagine when hearing “enemies swarm around the party” is uncommon).

AI behavior deserves a separate thread in the future, but in short – most enemies will not be smart in any way. We consider enemy being smart like some sort of special ability, because sometimes it considerably raises the difficulty in a fight and when enemy behavior changes – you will notice. So expect this to be not just different packages, but a special type of AI for particular enemies. “Smart” fey spiders will try to attack enemies that are not poisoned. Assassin may go straight for the person he wants to kill, ignoring the rest. But most enemies are far less complicated and will follow a similar pattern.

To Stratagemini: We are yet to make any of the mentioned spells, so anything I say here is far from a final decision. I planned to make Create Pit as a zone that appears on the terrain and makes anyone who fails a reflex save fall into it, with automatic checks to climb out of it every round. Something like that. I hadn’t thought yet about Stoneshape and Wall of Stone.

To Dragao_Preto: We hadn’t started making a druid yet, but we planned that it would function similar to pen and paper, but with the limitation on the animals you may polymorph into since not all animals will be in the game.

To Garahs: No, there are no 5 feet steps in the game currently, and we weren’t planning on implementing them. That is one of the reasons why we decided to allow concentration checks to avoid AoO.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast