Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    The sample character you used doesn't have combat casting. That increases your chance of successfully casting defensively by 20%, making the summon monster 5 have an 85% chance of success, that seems reasonable enough to me.

Additionally, keep in mind that a fundamental change such as this goes hand in hand with people playing combat differently. Positioning is adjusted. Bodyguards come into play. Bullrush might become more important.

I'm really interested if casting while prone is allowed. I think that will change the game play significantly. From what i read online there doesn't seem to be any penalties to casting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gellor View Post
    The sample character you used doesn't have combat casting. That increases your chance of successfully casting defensively by 20%, making the summon monster 5 have an 85% chance of success, that seems reasonable enough to me.
    Yea, so that would make SLevel 3 or below a guaranteed to success by level 12.

More casting stat focus:
    That Pregen also didn't hugely focus on Cha. You could easily get 24 by that point (Start with 18, +3 from levels, +4 from a headband = 25 (+23 Conc) which would make SLevel 4 or below auto success, and SLevel 5 a 95% chance.

So 1 feat, and maxing out a casting stat which you'll probably do anyway, and you can cast all but your highest level spells without ever worrying about damage. This is where this change gets concerning.

Raf mentioned in this thread that he felt like he just kept getting AOOs regardless. How is it playing out for the rest of you alpha testers?

All raise hands that want PerpetualNothing to bring up a new Dev forum post

*raises hand hiiigh*

*raises hand high*

For sure. I'd love another breakdown like the last one. I vote for a Sorcerer bloodline post, but I'd honestly be down for anything.

*raises hand high*

It's been quiet here...too quiet.

Sure I am ready! *rise hand high*
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    I've sent the guys a poke. PerpetualNothing is working on a new thread. Won't be long now.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast