Thread: Your Kingdom

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

Your Kingdom

what would you like to be able to do in your kingdom big or small things like picking your languages for your kingdom i would find it funny if you can make it that your kingdom speak only goblin language
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 05-05-2018 at 02:16 PM.

I would love to have behind-the-scenes political intrigue and a real economic system for my kingdom, but I recognize those goals may be too much to expect. I'm thinking something along the lines of the feel you get when reading any books on Cormyr in D&D Forgotten Realms.

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kanisatha View Post
    I would love to have behind-the-scenes political intrigue and a real economic system for my kingdom, but I recognize those goals may be too much to expect. I'm thinking something along the lines of the feel you get when reading any books on Cormyr in D&D Forgotten Realms.
    same here but i do undanced there can only do so much a pity there is no political marriage in game you would think that a game base a round building your kingdom would have it in game my choice of political marriage would be queen telandia edasseril for my aasimar sorcerer if the game is a success i hope there add it in a dlc
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 05-05-2018 at 07:24 PM.

If it is true that we essentially "only" play the first five years of our kingdom, it stands to reason that what we do is still on a very direct and primal level. Just about everybody can straight up visit the baron/ess and relay their messages, offers, threats and pleas. It is relatively difficult to build up support against a skilled leader when everybody is still more or less directly interacting with them. Conspiracies require a certain level of anonymity which is not really present in during these first five years.
    A last thing, the baron/ess is after a relatively short while already a fairly successful upstart and powerful warrior/mage/priest to boot. That is quite intimidating and would-be usurpers and potential turncoats would not turn against the girl/guy that "singlehandedly" (forgetting Amiri and the rest of the Gang) defeated the bandit king and founded his/her own rapidly growing kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Iguana View Post
    what would you like to be able to do in your kingdom big or small things
    Now THIS is a huge question.
    Depending my PC list is HUGE.
    From little things like:
    - Having offspring
    To bit bigger things like:
    - Keep on playing untill my PC die in old age or in battle, let my offspring to rule and see if I can manage to rule all Golarion if just given enough time...

Or little things like:
    - Choose where to start my maincapital / build castle/keep
    For bigger things like:
    - What to do with landscape and areas around it.

From ability to be good, loved ruler to be totally prick so people hate and loath you:
    - "First night privilege" (Droit du seigneur https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur )
    - Free food, education, work for everyone

And so on...
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"