Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    Huh. The Alpha's already ready? Given the trouble with the backer portal and the forums, I half-expected the Alpha to be delayed. I am pleasantly surprised.
    The game has absolute top priority. As for the web design side of things... much of this is being handled by our QA guys. I believe my.com are helping with it as well, but yeah... the owlcats much better at making games than websites. Right now I'm annoying the crap out of them, repeating again and again that people are begging for an option to add alpha access (and add-ons in general) to their finalized pledges. It is work in progress and I'm being told it will be a thing. I keep reminding them that we should absolutely have this up and available before alpha testing begins. In the meanwhile, I keep receiving emails from backers, who ask me for exactly that. :D

No news about owlkittens. Right now I'm poking Chris to get some answers from him to the user questions posted in his new companion thread. :)

As for Original Sin 2, I absolutely cannot wait for a moment to actualy play it! I have it all downloaded and installed, but work never stops.
    http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

As far as I know, I did everything correctly for an Alpha Tester and just waiting for the end of the month now.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Thank you, i'll be on the lookout for the news about it.
    Got a bit of news just now - I've been told that the possibility to pay extra and select more add-ons on a finalized pledge should be added sometime next week. This should also include the option to buy alpha access, if you've pledged $95 or more for the beta tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Got a bit of news just now - I've been told that the possibility to pay extra and select more add-ons on a finalized pledge should be added sometime next week. This should also include the option to buy alpha access, if you've pledged $95 or more for the beta tier.
    HOORAY! Thanks for tracking that down for us, BK! :D

To those of you, who contacted us, because you backed for alpha access and couldn't actually select it on the backer portal during pledge transfer (hey Wraith!), we're working on it and we'll definitely have you set up and good to go before the alpha tests start, don't worry!
    *scratches arm rapidly, heavily favoring the inner elbow* It's.. it's no problem... heh... I'm in complete control. It's fine. heh. Alpha soon you say. *eye twitch*

JK, awesome and I know you're on top of it. I appreciate everything!
    Vivat Grendel!

So, what's the "reach" of the alpha?

This is just out of curiosity, since I haven't pledged enough to get it.

But is it just the vertical slice that was use in previews a while back or is there more to it?

It'll be bigger than just the vertical slice for sure. The vertical slice was more of a proof of concept. To show people what we're doing, what to expect, give them a basic idea of how this game is gonna look and feel. The alpha is all about testing features, squishing bugs, that sort of thing. There will be placeholder assets and dialogue, which still needs proofreading. Veeery work in progress. I don't know all the details just yet, but I'll probably get to play the current alpha build myself over the weekend or early next week, as I'm supposed to prepare some instructions and a manual for when it all goes live. :)

@BK, play the alpha this weekend....lucky.

Hey, wait, don't tell me that you expect us to read stuff like instructions and manuals.

An instruction Manual? Huh. That should be interesting. I assume it won't have any cool art assets...

I'm being told they're actually working on a possibility to add digital add-ons to finalized pledges, as well. Still waiting for details on the progress and what exactly it does. I'll keep you posted.
    Excellent :) I eagerly await this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast