Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

(Disregard.)

Edit: Disregard. I searched for "DLC" and received no results - because "DLC" is too short for the search function to accept.

Hi everyone, huge Pathfinder (and Starfinder) fan here. New to these forums! Liking what I am seeing so far in the YouTube play-throughs (randomly clicking through to try to limit spoilers and context.)

I saw the poll for the other races, and I wanted all three (technically, the third was three of itself...) Also I saw that there was a bonus Adventure Module, but could not justify the price as it was part of a pack with a lot of things I did not really want.

So that got me thinking and I thought I would ask - are there plans to expand this game with DLC such as other adventure paths and locations in the Pathfinder setting? DLC Races / Classes / etc.? I have not been following that closely, and likely there is no good reason to expect that they have those future plans already in place, but wondered if anything had been mentioned.
    Last edited by Kazee; 05-26-2018 at 05:27 AM.

I suggest reading first kickstart page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er/description

as you can see there was option to buy things just adding up your pledge (pretty much up to this friday)
    - So for example I pay 40$ for Premium Digital Download
    (should give me: You will get the premium digital version of the Pathfinder: Kingmaker including exclusive backer-only content: 3 special in-game items — a magical cloak, a helm and a ring available early in the game - and your party will start with a unique and quirky spell. + some stuff like forum badge, access to dev forum)
    - And 10$ extra for Digital RPG Adventure from Chris Avellone.

We did mention during that point that difference between normal and premium version was kind of thin, sure you get some items what not a single person can get later (they are "exclusive backer-only content") so now in this friday we get nice little update and it seem that I will get what mentioned up there + digital ArtBook; digital OST; 2 additional in-game player's portraits (female + male); Expert's Hat; Mesmerizing Neclace; Owlcat Pet.

I assume if and when next Owlcat game will be kickstarted (big hint, try to add them for creators you follow in kickstart so you get notification when they release something in kickstart next time) there will be again plenty of things we can pledge top of the mainproduct (hopefully next AP in Pathfinder). Like T-Shirts, miniatures, dices, daggers, cloth maps, gold platinum rings, damascus steel daggers, PDF's of orginal AP from Paizo and stuff like that :)

What is in offer right now: https://owlcatgames.com/preorder
    If you want "all what they offer" just take "Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Royal Edition". After all some of these (specially physical objects) take time to product and they were kickstart only kind of things so... ...but I have a feeling that some things can be bought from Paizo (like miniatyres from some of the NPC's from this game!!)

There have been mention that: This game first and only if all go well there MIGHT be DLC, if people really want it. But they want to create great game and see if people love it. IF all go well, Paizo is happy, people want more and so on it is quite likely that there will be more games in future.
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 05-26-2018 at 07:40 AM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

DLC has been mentioned in recent Kickstarter updates as something they have considered abstractly if the game goes well. It is not something that they have any concrete plans for yet. They will probably ask for input once the game is released and they can see how it'll do.

On my part, I wouldn't mind if while (theorically) they are working on a new AP and, as they make new classes and races, they get released as DLC for Kingmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by ForestDew View Post
    On my part, I wouldn't mind if while (theorically) they are working on a new AP and, as they make new classes and races, they get released as DLC for Kingmaker.
    Problem with this is: how many really would pay for let's say "normal" 25€[$] price for only new classes and races? Yes, I am aware that let's say in Tyranny they did made kind of cheap "more portraits" DLC and I guess people might get cheap enough "get one new class for a dollar" kind of thing. But if we are realist there are now around 60 possible class/PRC/subclass you can play this game through and I doubt most people will try even half of them.

I do agree that I am bit traditional and thinking of full expansion with more content to play, maybe hellknights with more content, castle/tower to upgrade and maintain, dhampir for PC option and so on.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    We're throwing around some ideas internally, since there have been so many requests for DLC and all sorts of post-release content. Generally, things like new classes sound realistic, for as long as they're not too complicated to implement mechanically. So maybe not something that uses firearms or mounted combat. Quests and side content, stuff that adds even more substance to the game, that sort of thing sounds good. Though, since it came up in the starting post of this thread, I don't think it's realistic to hope for a whole new AP in the shape of DLC.

Sorry for being a little vague here, but as others pointed out, right now we have to focus on finishing our game. This absolutely has to come first before we spend too much time thinking about what to add later. ♥
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    We're throwing around some ideas internally, since there have been so many requests for DLC and all sorts of post-release content. Generally, things like new classes sound realistic, for as long as they're not too complicated to implement mechanically. So maybe not something that uses firearms or mounted combat. Quests and side content, stuff that adds even more substance to the game, that sort of thing sounds good. Though, since it came up in the starting post of this thread, I don't think it's realistic to hope for a whole new AP in the shape of DLC.

Sorry for being a little vague here, but as others pointed out, right now we have to focus on finishing our game. This absolutely has to come first before we spend too much time thinking about what to add later. ♥
    What's that? You're doing We Be Goblins? That's crazy! Goblins aren't even a playable race in game!

All kidding aside. I'd definitely buy a Module sized expansion (roughly one act in game) if it also came with new stuff to enjoy, like a foreign kingdom with well written NPCs, or a new adventure, and cool new enemies to fight, with a new class or race with new spells and feats.

I'd love to see a separate adventure unrelated to the main campaign that you could import your character into. Or a Prequel adventure starring Octavia and Regongar and their escape from Numeria.
    Last edited by Stratagemini; 07-12-2018 at 07:33 PM.

I think I'd mainly just like to see another game after this one based around another AP, where they can use a lot of the engine work, art assets, and so on that they did for this one. A whole new story, with the same mechanics, is what I'd like to see.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMetaphysician View Post
    I think I'd mainly just like to see another game after this one based around another AP, where they can use a lot of the engine work, art assets, and so on that they did for this one. A whole new story, with the same mechanics, is what I'd like to see.
    Same here. With added feats, pwoers, classes, different armors and weapons, and magic items, Companions and NPCs with a deep background (and others with a simple background, it's fine not to overdo it :p ).

I'd like to see all of those things too, but you know what? I'd be happy if we literally got nothing new except a new story. I've often wondered this about game design: if the mechanics and everything work really well, why can't we just literally copy everything and just have a new story? I'll bet they could make games like that much cheaper and quicker. I would have liked to see about 10 Baldur's Gate games with all the same mechanics in the same engine, just set in new places with new stories. I would have bought them all. :) And since Paizo already has a bunch of APs, they can just use those stories! Pump out 4 new games in 3-4 years, no need for significant new features or anything! I'd buy them all. :) (Maybe that makes me weird, I dunno.)

Of course, I'd love to see new classes/feats/spells too. :)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast