Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    He is not @jagamergirl, he is original to Pathfinder Kingmaker as far as I know

I know I seen pictures of a very similar character in various pathfinder stuff but when I look it up it is a female cleric called Kiyra I believe that is almost identical in class, race, and god

The only one of the iconic char that are used is Amiri.

On a different note, I kinda wish that they had done the iconics for this adventure path at least, for pregened characters. Amri is already in the game, but they changed hers stats around a bit, and I'm not sure why.

I was a bit surprised when I saw that he is also a cleric of Shatenrae. I didn't think they would have created a new character that is very similar to an iconic.
    What do you call a dragon who ate a bunch of adventurers? A party-pooper!
    If you Awaken a chicken, is it speaking fowl language?
    What do you say when a treefolk betrays you? Tree-son!

Clerics are all the same, just a bit different :)

What I meant is since they wanted a cleric of Sharenrae, they could have used Kyra instead of making a new character. On second thought, is it revealed what domains Tristian have? Does anyone knows how much Kyra is on redemption compared to Tristian?

I think that the "Iconics" thing is a matter of trust. Paizo guards them very carefully and with good reason, they are the "spokesmen" of their brand after all. They probably though "Let's give them one and keep a close look on how they are treating her/which lines are they making her say. If the game is a dud, not much harm done. If the game is a success, we'll loosen our grip next time".

As for the topic of the thread, I think it would be cool if he was an aasimar, it would distinguish him further from Kyra, which is a good thing IMO. Maybe the extra race was unlocked so far into the proyect that some things regarding his backstory had already been "set in stone". So it's not like they are changing his pick of feats so that he takes toughness instead of dodge, it's that they would be changing his RACE. That has a bunch of repercussions along the line.

Tristan probably won't be an assimar, because they already have unique art assets for him. I know assimar's can look pretty human, but why be an assimair then. Amri and Linzi are probably my favorite characters in the beta at the moment, but I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to play nearly as much as I have wanted to.

By not restricting the companions to existing iconics, Owlcat had the freedom to tell their own stories. It also doesn't make sense for some iconics to be in that part of the world, though Amiri is a good fit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast