Can't launch the game

Hello,

I tried the game after the first beta came out: it worked fine. I didn't play it after that and recently relaunched it... well tried to relaunch because after the first screen with the logos, nothing works, I only have a black screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. No change.
    What can I do for it to work correctly? Thanks in advance

I can only say that there have been some updates what might have been making changes.
    Anyway, I would start by:

Write ALL you can from your computer (so called specs, you might think devs do not care or you share even too much but trust me, more you can tell better).

So write ALL you can
    - What OS (and what version of that OS, just saying "windows 7" is not enough, latest updates vs "fist beta build, then not a single update" make a world of difference)
    - Is your computer hand build or some "market micro", if possible link for that laptop/desktop PC or atleast single parts you used to build it.
    - Drivers (version), same as GPU + CPU (and version, if possible direct link)
    - Then naturally if you have overclocked anything, what are stats (like voltage, heat. Do game work if you take overclocking away, let's say if you are using MSI Afterburner it can prevent UNITY based games working and so on).
    - Where is your OS and game installed (are they in C:\ or maybe some other drive, what is they path, what drive you use and so on).

More you can write easier it is to try and locate problem for devs.
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 05-29-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Question to BK or the devs : will the game include a log or something to help diagnose problems like that ?

- Windows 10 pro 64 bits up to date
    - Computer hand built: core i7, MB Asus P7P55DE-Pro, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080, SSD
    - Driver nvidia: 388.13. All other drivers are Windows native.
    - No overclocking
    - Game installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pathfinder Kingmaker (on the SSD)
    - I use 2 screens but I tried launching with disabling one of them and it didn't change anything.
    - My screens have a 1920x1200 resolution (16/10) each.

Do you have any news about this problem? If you need more info that I didn't think of, please ask.

Resurrecting the topic.
    I still have the problem when I have 2+ screens plugged to my computer, even when disabling it.
    I have to unplug one of them physically for the game to work.
    Anything new about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    Resurrecting the topic.
    I still have the problem when I have 2+ screens plugged to my computer, even when disabling it.
    I have to unplug one of them physically for the game to work.
    Anything new about that?
    Now this is interesting. What I mean is:
    Have developers tested how this game work (or do it work at all) if you have:
    - Multiple screens working as one (quite many specially in flying/race kind of games use these kind of settings)
    - Monitor and TV (like I have, too lazy to actually go and unplug it every time when I do not use them for P&P games or so)
    - 2 or more monitors but different screen input (so you can let's say use one to play, one to watch movie/serie/music, one for browser/skype/irc or so)

I hope these will be checked out because I know that some people are actually even now using dual monitor system for playing the game and sceening / editing it at same time (and what I have seen it do seem to work atleast one youtuber so it should be possible). You should give / send them bug report using game if possible and give as much details as possible.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    I'm preparing for Gamescom right now, so I don't have much of an eye on the forums at the moment and won't be available at all in the coming week. That said, I'm running the game on a dual-monitor setup just fine. After the latest beta update I launched the game, got all the splash screens and stuff, then it just sat there and loaded for a few moments and everything ran fine. Are you giving it a few minutes to initialize for the first time?

I'm gonna poke our QA director. Sorry, not trying to ignore you, but between this, social media, thousands of localization strings and the conventions, there's only so much of me to go around...
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer