Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    Sorry? I just submitted two named files (with the character names) in an .m4a format (because that's what windows' recording tool makes). I don't remember seeing a specific file type mentioned? If another format is better I can try and convert it for you?
    NO! Whatever you do, don't send me any more files!
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    Sorry? I just submitted two named files (with the character names) in an .m4a format (because that's what windows' recording tool makes). I don't remember seeing a specific file type mentioned? If another format is better I can try and convert it for you?
    Huh. Sound Recorder in Windows 7 makes .wma. But the .mp3. .ogg, and .wav formats were named as the preferred ones in the comments on the Kickstarter announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Huh. Sound Recorder in Windows 7 makes .wma. But the .mp3. .ogg, and .wav formats were named as the preferred ones in the comments on the Kickstarter announcement.
    Formats were also literally the first question here on the forum and immediately answered.
    Anyway, it is what it is. I'm trying to convert as many different formats as I can.
    I should have added it to the first post the moment that has been decided. Shoulda known nobody was gonna scroll down.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Formats were also literally the first question here on the forum and immediately answered.
    Anyway, it is what it is. I'm trying to convert as many different formats as I can.
    I should have added it to the first post the moment that has been decided. Shoulda known nobody was gonna scroll down.
    Sorry? I'd be happy to not send you any new files if that's what you want though. That's super easy for me to do. I don't recall preferred formats being mentioned on the Discord when I brought the contest up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Yeah. Too late now, I know, but experience talking: Say everything you want out of the recording up front, and toss all entries that ignore the criteria. Since the original announcement didn't specify a file format, that'd be hard to do now, but the people who ignored the instructions... ignored the instructions. Coming from an entrant I know it might seem self-serving, but I've been involved in open call voice acting projects, and let me tell you, people who do that successfully just chuck out anyone who can't follow basic directions, because they'll get loads of entries and don't have time for that.

There's no denying we should have thought of accepted formats before we even announced the contest, but seeing as we're all busy doing a dozen different jobs at the same time, mistakes happen. I'll convert everything I can manage to convert and try to exclude no one. Only exception being folks, who sent me more than two voiceover submissions. They'll just have to accept the fact I'll pick any two random ones out of the bunch they've sent and ignore the rest.

I've put together all the submission files for your listening pleasure. We'll be holding polls for the top submissions in the coming days. In the meanwhile, feel free to listen to all of them and help us pick out the best ones in this thread.

Notes for next time.Or how BK became the cynical jaded CM instead of the funloving kitten he once was...

Dude, harsh! :D
    I'm just super stressed at the moment, because release is coming up, I'm on contest duty, solo customer support, German localization help, booking flights to conventions and stuff, trying to sort the paperwork to be able to book said flights... you know, on top of this whole community management thing. There's only so much of me to go around and if too many people are asking for too many things at the same time I get a little cranky. I didn't mean to tread on any toes. ♥
    Last edited by Berserkerkitten; 07-07-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234