Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've been wanting a Syrinscape subscription, so I submitted an entry for two characters on the off chance that people will like my submissions.

Good luck to everyone! I'm actually looking forward to hearing everyone else's, especially if they do the same characters I tried. Getting a good take was surprisingly difficult!

I can hardly wait to see what everyone comes up with!

I put mine in yesterday, for Ekundayo and Regongar. I did a lot of recording and picked the ones I felt were best. :)

I've done voice acting for games before, mostly the big community mods for Freespace 2, voicing the GTC Duke and GTL Fortune in Blue Planet. I can't wait to hear what everyone comes up with.

I dropped my entries in a while back (Harrim and Regongar). I already have the game but my friends do not, and Syrinscape would be perfect for my game nights. Right now background music is Queen, Journey, Adele, and The Divinyls (the last one triggered every time the paladin uses lay on hands on himself) so I could really use something more... thematically appropriate.

Managed to sneak in a couple of entries on Saturday Night, having never done a voice over before should be interested to see what people think.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Hoo boy. The deadline is here and we're no longer accepting submissions at this point, but we've received nearly 300 submissions in total. Full disclosure - this is gonna take me a while to process. First of all, I gotta download, group up and re-upload each and every one of these files, then figure out a useful polling process that doesn't turn into a complete chore for the community. This is gonna be tricky. ^^;
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Hoo boy. The deadline is here and we're no longer accepting submissions at this point, but we've received nearly 300 submissions in total. Full disclosure - this is gonna take me a while to process. First of all, I gotta download, group up and re-upload each and every one of these files, then figure out a useful polling process that doesn't turn into a complete chore for the community. This is gonna be tricky. ^^;
    Hmmm... Maybe have a tournament? Group them by Individual character, then into male and female brackets (characterwise, not Voice Actor-wise), and then give each round a week to run? Then end with however many winners you want?

Maybe allow the Poll takers to select their top 3 Choices for each charcter in round 1?

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Well, right now I'm trying to convert everything into one format, because people are sending m4a files, here's an flv and there's and a bunch of other stuff not originally mentioned in the contest, others submitted theirs after July 1st and others submitted a file, just called it "voiceover" and didn't say what character it's supposed to be, soooo... yeah. There are users, who took the time to explain their character and line, but never actually submitted a file. To make up for it, some users submitted 4 or more files instead of 2 - in this case I picked any two random files and ignored the rest. Another user literally submitted a resume alongside his submission for a fan contest. This is gonna be a loooooong night!
    Last edited by Berserkerkitten; 07-02-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Yup, welcome to customer service, Berserkerkitten. And good luck to you. It will be very rewarding once you've done it and see the fruit of your hard work.

But you already know this. Thank you, and all Owlcat, for everything you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkerkitten View Post
    Well, right now I'm trying to convert everything into one format, because people are sending m4a files, here's an flv and there's and a bunch of other stuff not originally mentioned in the contest, others submitted theirs after July 1st and others submitted a file, just called it "voiceover" and didn't say what character it's supposed to be, soooo... yeah. There are users, who took the time to explain their character and line, but never actually submitted a file. To make up for it, some users submitted 4 or more files instead of 2 - in this case I picked any two random files and ignored the rest. Another user literally submitted a resume alongside his submission for a fan contest. This is gonna be a loooooong night!
    Sorry? I just submitted two named files (with the character names) in an .m4a format (because that's what windows' recording tool makes). I don't remember seeing a specific file type mentioned? If another format is better I can try and convert it for you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast