Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar

Fan Voiceover Contest - Check out all submissions here!

Hey everyone!

I have gathered all submissions for our fan voiceover contest - almost 250 files total - converted them all to mp3, sorted them by characters and put them all into one neat little zip file here. If you want to check out these submissions, be sure to use the download button on that link.

In the coming days, we are going to pick our favourite entires from these submissions and put them in a community poll, so everyone can decide which of them should be crowned the winners. Since there's a massive amount of submissions involved, we'd like to give you the opportunity to check out the submissions beforehand, so you can let us know if any files in particular stand out to you as potential winners. After all, we wouldn't want to miss anything!

PLEASE NOTE:

- We have removed all RL names from the file names and metadata, to avoid having to ask for literally everybody's permission to reveal their names or identities.
    - If a user has literally said their name or Twitter handle out loud at the beginning of the recording, then that's still included in the file. We made it clear that this is a public contest, which is going to be decided by community poll, so we're going to assume you're okay with the name you've put in there.
    - The recordings vary wildly in quality and volume. Some users added background sound effects and used professional recording equipment, others recorded their entry using a mobile phone.
    - We had a small amount of users, who sent a submission email, but forgot to attach any files or links. If you recorded a submission and it's missing from this collection, you are probably one of the users, who forgot to send the file. Sorry!
    - There is no rhyme or reason behing the way I named these files. I just had to name them something.
    - There were no submissions for Amiri for some reason.

If you happen to check out these submissions and you spot one or several recordings in particular, which stand out to you as potential winners, please let us know in the thread, so we'll consider adding them to the final polls!
    Last edited by Berserkerkitten; 07-03-2018 at 11:31 PM.

After a quick listen, here are some standouts so far:

Harrim10
    Jaethal (unnumbered)
    Linza04
    noknok26
    Octavia01
    Valerie

Hearing a variety of Gollum/Noknok impressions 50509 times does something to one's soul.

Wait what? No Amiri love? Her Voice actress is perfect. maybe everyone was intimidated?

Tristian: 06, 24, 29. Heh, I guess that I was the only one to ad-lib his line. Hopefully people enjoy that.
    Jubilost: 42 puts the rest of us to shame. It should win that one hands down.
    Jaethal: All of the them are good.
    Ekundayo: 02, 05, 07 stand out to me
    Harim: unnumbered, 14, 17, 25 stand out to me.
    Linzi: unnumbered, 05, 06, 09. Most sound like she's writing, but I liked that 06 sounded like her bardsong oration suddenly stopped when she got indecisive. Is the unnumbered one the actual voice actress?

The rest have few enough entrants that they're all worth using in the vote.
    Last edited by Grifta; 07-03-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Added comments for all.

Ekundayo 02
    Harim 25
    Jaethal
    Jubilost 19
    Linzi
    Nok-Nok 05, 08
    Octavia 02
    Regongar 17
    Tristian 06, 16
    Valerie

My faves

Any chance that there will be a 2nd round for the Russian speakers? There are a bunch of, what sounds like to me, Russian speakers who would probably sound even better in Russian. (Now all I can think of is how great Reign of Winter would be from a Russian studio :P )

Ekundayo_02
    Harrim_17
    Jaethal_01
    Jubilost_09
    Linzi_05
    NokNok_26
    NokNok_42
    Octavia_01
    Regongar_02
    Tristian_26

Are my favorites. Shouldn't have submitted my entry as a YouTube video. It doesn't hold up well as just audio. Oh well. :)

Jaethal_01 is easily my favorite submission. I hope it makes it into the finals.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Thank you all for taking the time to do this. ♥

The unnumbered ones are fans, just like the numbered ones. Just a sign of me losing my mind and failing to number stuff properly.
    As for Amiri, I do agree with Strat - her voice actress is so perfect, how could you possibly hope to come even close to how she nails it?
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Has anybody noticed that Harrim 12 and 13 are the same entry?

[EDIT] NM. I guess he thought it'd make him more likely to win? Maybe he didn't realise he could use his other entry to do a different character.
    Last edited by Marduk; 07-03-2018 at 11:18 PM. Reason: correction

:O

You didn't remove the entrant's name from Nok-Nok 05, Linzi 04, and Tristian3.

Jubilost 23 and Tristian 13 still have their Twitter handles...
    Last edited by Marduk; 07-03-2018 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Missed a bit (ironically)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast