Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Hey everybody!

All right! I've been trying to come up with a decent way to hold the polls, which doesn't completely kill all voter participation:

I have looked up the most popular submission for each character. Personally, I'd like to have the best fan voiceover submission for each character compete against each other. Determine the best of the best. This way, we'll have eleven* options to vote for in a poll instead of running two, three or even more parallel polls all at once, then have follow-up polls to have each poll's winner compete against one another again. Basically, the following top-entries for each character would enter the polls in no particular order:

Harrim17
    Jaethal (unnumbered)
    Linzi(unnumbered)
    *Octavia01
    *Octavia02
    Valerie (unnumbered)
    Tristian06
    Jubilost42
    Ekun02
    noknok26
    Regongar17

*Octavia 01 and 02 were tied in popularity, while all other listed entires were ahead of everyone else for their respective character. Particularly unnumbered Jaethal, Linzi and Valerie absolutely knocked it out of the park.

Are you folks okay with a poll for these 11 top entries? If so, then I'll put each entry on our YouTube channel, start the poll thread here on the forum, where each entry is mentioned with their YouTube link for every voter to click on and inform all our followers everywhere about the polls, give them a week to cast their vote and then we'll know our winner(s).

If you disagree with this method and have any better, fairer suggestions, now is the time. Personally, I believe this is the best way to get a diverse poll where every character has a chance to win, without having to ask our community to vote in several polls all at once. PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND - if we held polls for, say, the top three submissions for each character, then every voter would have to listen to 30 different audio files and vote for all of them. I'm afraid this would simply stop lots of people from taking part in the polls at all. On the other hand, if we went only for the single-most popular entries regardless of character, we'd end up with a bunch of Jaethals and Linzis and probably no Nok-Noks or Jubilosts.
    I hope my reasoning makes sense to you guys, but I'm open to suggestions if you feel that I'm being unfair here.

For reference, if you look at our baron portrait polls, the first poll had 146 participants, the follow-up had only 69, the one after that had only 50 and with every subsequent poll the amount of voters became less and less. Another example - our companion miniature poll had 201 participants, the follow-up poll only had 73. I reckon if we stretch our fan voiceover polls too thin and across too many parallel polls and follow-up polls, there'll be nobody left to vote. I'd rather keep it short and sweet, have the best participant for each character battle it out for the top spots and get as much participation as we can.

Again, if you disagree or see any major problem with this, please feel free to elaborate. For what it's worth, it's 3 in the morning right now and I've been thinking about this for a while, so please don't think I'm taking this lightly. If I don't hear any protests, I'll be putting up the poll with the YouTube links in the coming hours and share them on social media and Kickstarter, so everyone will be able to take part. :)
    Last edited by Berserkerkitten; 07-11-2018 at 02:01 AM.
    http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

I'd like to see them done by character not just by top 11

I just wrote this massive post, thoroughly explaining why it's not feasible to hold 10 polls all at the same time and that nobody is going to listen to 30, 50 or even more submissions in order to vote.
    Let's go with the top 11. Please don't hate me for this. If I'm telling our users on social media and Kickstarter to vote in 10+ different polls, they're going to riot.
    Last edited by Berserkerkitten; 07-11-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Oh, I meant only 2 polls - 1 big with all the entries divided by characters (where you can select only one entry for each character), and the second - among winners for every character.

But I see your point - usually, without a dedicated jury voices are uneven at best. Though, if you promise some kind of price (forum badge?) that could be handed to a random person among those who voted for every category - that helps.

In any case, it will be a lot of work. Thanks for doing it!

The forum's polling system only allows a simple radio button (pick one) style poll.
    He'd have to go to a separate survey system to get anything more complicated. Then you need to manage separate links for each person voting, and things just get exponentially more complicated.

In theory, there's also a multiple choice option for polls on this forum, but you can't limit the amount of choices, so everybody could literally vote for everything at once. Using a different polling system, however, would have meant that people could just vote multiple times and manipulate the polls that way. Doing so is more difficult on our forums, because new accounts without posting permissions cannot vote, so simply creating a bunch of extra accounts to cheat in the polls won't work. :)
    Anyhow, poll is finally up! https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...st-Of-The-Best!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345