Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Clustered shots will not add damage if it's like PnP (but maybe it's changed in the game ?), it will only allow you to count the DR only once against all the damage you've done in your full attack instead of against each attach. So your full damage will not be reduced by much in the end despite the DR.

I could not find Devourer of Metal, but it seems it gives +2D6 Acid ? Or gives you an automatic Crit on your first arrow ?

But still, it's only a one-time hit (I'll admit that it's a lot), not a 100+ dmg per hit, as it was announced. I am aware that insane damage can be done on one hit with a good combo. I was surprised that it could be done on a regular basis.

Devourer of metal is an item in the chapter 2. It's hidden in the troll fortress. And yes, as far as I know, clustered shots helps you to bypass DR by counting it only once during a full round.

For me it's more about damages per round instead of damage per attacks.

For other massives hits you can give Decapitator to Amiri or use it yourself if you're a barbarian. I've used that weapon on my first playtrough with a magus. It's not as effective as on Amiri but still you can do a nice amount of damages.
    13th level Amiri, 11 barbarian level, 2 fighter level. 16 base strength, 2 stats bump, +4 belt, greater rage, total strength of 28, flat +13 due to two handed weapon, Power Attack +12, +4 enhancement, *3 critical, so you'll have a nice 3d8+87 an average of 100 points of damage. You'll crit a lot more due toi a threat range of 17-20.

100+ damage per round on a non-critical hit is pretty much impossible. 100+ per round though is pretty normal for any build based around DPR though.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naliamegod View Post
    100+ damage per round on a non-critical hit is pretty much impossible. 100+ per round though is pretty normal for any build based around DPR though.
    Indeed. That's my point. A once-in-a-while random critical that does around 100 Dmg at level 13 isn't broken in my opinion, a full attack that does the same per round on a regular basis is not broken either in my opinion. Those are specializeddamage-dealer builds. On tabletop, they would be hard-pressed to do anything beside combat most of the time, although there are exceptions as usual.

I remember my first time playing D&D 3.0, we played a tournament arena just for the fun. A 1st-level dwarven fighter with 20 STR, Power Attack (which was only restricted by BAB after an erratum, as far as I remember), and a great axe, one-shot a 10th level barbarian with a critical in their first round of combat. It must have been something like 3D12 + 54 or something like that. We were always wary of great-axe wielders after that (3.0 Orcs, for instance...)

Senior Member JulietRosalieMelusine's Avatar
    Is it possible for Valerie to be a fighter/bard? I heard her stats are toned a bit, is she still perfect possible paladin if we see aligment change?

Yes and yes. But from those who have played the beta with her, they say that alignment change for her seems unlikely given her backstory and personality. So going fighter/bard, or fighter/bard/dragon disciple, might be the better plan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234