Thread: Not possible

Not possible

This thread is for classes and archetypes that are probably not going to make it into the game at any point. The season pass raises the question of what could possibly be in the DLC. I thought it would be nice to know what cant be in the DLC.Maybe because they are hard to program or are dependent on class features. If I remember correctly Black blade was one that was specifically mentioned as not being cost effective to program. The main point being to confine requested features to what is possible.

Gunslinger is likely on this list as well i think.

As there won't be mounted combat, the cavalier will never be included either.
    What do you call a dragon who ate a bunch of adventurers? A party-pooper!
    If you Awaken a chicken, is it speaking fowl language?
    What do you say when a treefolk betrays you? Tree-son!

As much as I would like to see it, I doubt that Summoner will ever make it in. During one of the early Reddit AMAs, Avellone talked about how difficult it was to animate the tail on a Tiefling character in Planescape Torment. How much harder would it be to animate the eidolon, which can be custom built and different for every single Summoner? I just don't see how they can possibly justify how incredibly hard it would be to deal with.

I'd guess Oracle and Witch, as they are mechanically and flavor wise unique but not a radical change from others from a game development standpoint.

The things we know won't be in the game:
    Naval Combat.
    Guns
    Numerian tech
    Dinosaurs (though I maintain hope!)
    Grippli (Due to intellectual property issues)
    Mounted Combat
    Rooftop chases

As a result we can infer that all Ship and Pirate focused Archetypes are out. Gunslinger is out. Dinosaur archetypes are out (NO!) all Grippli related stuff is out. And finally Cavalier and Samurai are out.

Eastern classes like Ninja are probably also out as "not fitting the setting" (seeing how they renamed the kensai archetype).

Psychic classes are probably also out, both a difficult to program and as not fitting in, with the possible exception of Kineticist which isn't a psychic caster and which seems pretty flavor neutral.

While the Oracle is probably doable, certain curses are probably difficult to program in. I'm pretty sure they can round up enough curses that are programmable (Aboleth, Accursed, Blackened, Elemental Imbalance, Hive, Lame, Lich, Shattered Psyche, and Vampirism all seem pretty workable), but it may not be worthwhile?

The Unchained Summoner might be able to make an appearance. But it seems unlikely. Default summoner is right out.

The Vigilante is probably also out for flavor reasons. There is no need for a secret identity in this game and you kind of need to build around that concept for a Vigilante?

Beyond that I don't think anything is really off the table save a few monsters for IP related reasons.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    I think real flying is out of the question as well.