Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm happy to see that the first DLC includes a new companion and a class, which is instantly available to current campaigns too. The kineticist is somewhat a suprise instead of more popular demands (like witch and oracle), but I really can't wait to try it, as it is a class I never played in tabletop. I wonder if the companion will be availabe as a Warden advisor, as the class main stat is Con.

That said, the Varnhold DLC is what interest me the most, especially how this "import the results" feature will work combined with the main game. I hope this also means a fully playable Maegarn companion in the main campaign. (which would also mean, he is easier to improve as an advisor). I wonder who will be the party members in the mini-campaign, and if they appear in the main game too in some capacity? Questions all around... can't wait!

Random endless dungeon don't interest me at all at this point. First, random dungeons always feel flat compared to hand-designed ones. Also, if it is endless, then I don't see a goal either. If it is included in the main campaign (as suggested by the description) it can be a nice source for additional loot at least.

Overall, I'm mostly happy with the additions. That said, I would gladly replace the dungeon addon with a witch class/companion or a Hellknight themed DLC. I really hope we will get an improved (less boring/pointless) kingdom DLC sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Overall, I'm mostly happy with the additions. That said, I would gladly replace the dungeon addon with a witch class/companion or a Hellknight themed DLC. I really hope we will get an improved (less boring/pointless) kingdom DLC sometime in the future.
    An extensive hellknight DLC would be cool (hellknight archetypes, hellknight kingdom options (projects and buildings), hellknight companion).

Don't underestimate an endless dungeon. Not only does it offer bragging rights - it is a way for a 6-man party to reach level 20.

All that said, I hope for a dedicated mechanical / build DLC (feats, archetypes, spells, items). (Give me that snake style feat tree... give iiiitttt)

Quote Originally Posted by hallowedblood367@gmail.com View Post
    im honestly quite disappointed with this all these wonderful ideas suggestions and easy grabs for great ideas and only 1 was acted upon? the tiefling one dlc actually adds to the game the other two are completely worthless. I'm tempted just to get a season pass refund and just buy the only good dlc. shame on you owlcat I expected better.
    I disagree at least for the second one. To know what happened in Varnhold between the meeting in Restov and its vanashing seems to be a rather interesting side quest from another point of view. If this gives you a better understanding about what the heck is going on with a lot of aha effects that explain events in the main quest, just like "The Plan" did to Battlestar Galactica, I am very excited about this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexandh@gmx.de View Post
    First one was kinda expected and I am fine with new NPC's and kineticist class.

That second one looks REALLY interesting. Lets see how many choices get transfered into the main campaign from that.

Spoiler:
    I thought so about Pitax, Irovetti and Tartuccio. He dies far too soon in the game and the task Irovetti gave him has a story of its own.
    Last edited by Nikioko; 11-21-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Hellknights were something that a lot of people seemed to look forward to, but from what i fathom, there is no plan to add them now :<

Can we at least have a confirmation from Owlcat if they plan to add them or not, so we don't hope for nothing?

Would be appreciated, thanks.

Tieflings are something people wanted as well, so it's good that they're in. Now for Kineticists, i don't really care for them, as they're not my style.

Unfortunetely, for a Cleric prestige or even a melee Wizard prestige and heavy armor, Hellknight Signifier seemed like a more solid choice that what we have available.

Oh well ._.

owl cat ignored the fanbases obvious wants and what they are willing to pay for which is always a terrible business decision, I would pay for hell knights and dhampirs not maegar varn or a shitty roguelike dungeon to be in my game

Just because *you* are dis-satisfied with DLC content, doesn't mean Owlcat is ignoring fan base. I, for one, have no issues with announced DLC content.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
    Just because *you* are dis-satisfied with DLC content, doesn't mean Owlcat is ignoring fan base. I, for one, have no issues with announced DLC content.
    Agreed. The offered DLC is great: it is very varied offering something to people that are interested in completely different things (as opposed to having 3 DLCs that each add a companion, etc).

Furthermore, keep in mind that these are just the first DLCs. Owlcat will probably develop even more.

Agreed. While i think owlcat would have done better giving us a prestigie class for clerics rather than kineticist, all 3 DLCs look good.

We´re getting more story, a new companion and a wanted race (dlc1), a chance to make varnhold truly ours (dlc2), and a grind zone to get levels needed to survive end game (dlc3).

Enough to make me regret not buying imperial edition. Guess i´ll live without that red panda.
    Last edited by Steppenwolf; 11-22-2018 at 10:06 AM.

that's okay, you may not be and no I was alluding to the fact im disspointed with this terrible choice in dlc, there was buzzing great ideas all over and only one was chosen, in favor of a clearly generic idea that sold well in the last year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
    Technically, although they acknowledged that people wanted Hellknights, they were scrapped.

Yeah, it's not about "ignoring fan base", but some of us are really disappointed that our favorite class was scrapped as an idea. If i want to play an arcane gish, i'm stuck with the sub par Eldritch Knight.

I want a melee cleric prestige class, there isn't one.

The DLCs are not bad, and Tieflings are in. I just wish we had Helknights as well.

Personally i'm not really interested in a separate story line that connects, or an endless dungeon. Oh well, to each his own, it sucks when you get the short end of the stick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast