Question about available weapons

For those in the beta: has anyone seen a sanseskuton in the game, or the ability to weapon focus in one? More generally, what selection of monk weapons is there?

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    You mean a Sansetsukon, right (3-section staff) ?

Yeah. Man that is hard to remember how to spell. I had to look three times at the way you spelled it to see that it wasn't the same as the way I spelled it.

I remember Sais being a thing?

Tongi,sais,sickles and kukris(not sure if kukris are monk weapons)all were present and had at least one magical version in the beta.

Thanks for the answer! Of those four, only sai is listed as a monk weapon on d20pfsrd. The reason I'm interested is that I'm really hoping there is a good range of weapons you can use with flurry of blows if you don't want to fight unarmed, and the rules say you can only use specifically monk weapons (not just any weapon a monk is normally proficient with) in a flurry of blows.

This is taken from the steam:
    "
    Two questions about the game
    1.just wondering will the interface change from beta to the final game for when you first create your character?since in the beta it seems abit unpolished and clutterd

2.since your content complete do you guys have any idea n how many weapon types are in the game?
    "

+

"
    thainen
    1. Yes, the interface got a lot of polishing since beta.
    2. I think we have everything there was in the core book (except subdual weapons, and I'm not sure about whips).
    "

So gauntlets, darts, bolas, blowguns, net, shuriken, javelin, sling and so on are most likely in the game!
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 07-28-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Maybe not gauntlets...

Sorry I havent ever played a monk I thought those all were monk weapons. I also saw javelins and bolas in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    This is taken from the steam:
    "
    Two questions about the game
    1.just wondering will the interface change from beta to the final game for when you first create your character?since in the beta it seems abit unpolished and clutterd

2.since your content complete do you guys have any idea n how many weapon types are in the game?
    "

+

"
    thainen
    1. Yes, the interface got a lot of polishing since beta.
    2. I think we have everything there was in the core book (except subdual weapons, and I'm not sure about whips).
    "

So gauntlets, darts, bolas, blowguns, net, shuriken, javelin, sling and so on are most likely in the game!
    Very helpful. So kama, nunchaku, siangham should all be in, if they really did get all the core book weapons. Those, in addition to quarterstaff, are the ones listed on d20pfsrd.com as monk weapons from the core book.